BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2002 BMW M5 E39 Dinan
2,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey so my buddy from Latvia is here in So-Cal w/ his "Gumball M6 (arriving on Monday (18th of Aug). He just had it tuned by G-Power and car is on front page of G-POWER.DE

Anyway he always feels a little need to "show off" and has a insane urge for competition, so yesterday he goes "wanna race?". I told him contrary to his anticipation ..."OK! Let's go to Willow Springs or some close race track. Straightaways are for ppl w/ no skill".

So here's the deal...obviously he's got his 635HP G-Power M6....but he also has a LOT on stake, if he looses even by an inch, he will walk home w/ his tail between his legs.. and a lot of pride flushed down the toilet. Anyway I feel the need (for speed) and to show him up a little...

So I know, it will be tough to take on the G-Power M6. Instead of taking him on all by myself, I think it'd be nice to surprise him on the track by bringing with me my "pack of wolves in sheep clothing" (that is you guys) hahaha!!!!

So sometime in near future I want this to go through, in a track near So-Cal. What I want to see is how many are interested in showing up and also by all means, can someone PLEASE show up w/ a Dinan S3 or bring couple. I want to send his "pride" back to Latvia!! :D

He's by all means a nice nice guy but oh so competitive, and now he thinks he is unbeatable.. so who's up for pushing some buttons?!?!?

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Well if no s3 m5s show up ide take a stab at it :M5rev::M5launch:

·
Registered
632 Posts
Let me just get this straight: Your friend with a 635 bhp M6 convertible will race your 400 bhp E39 M5 (don't know what mods you have, if any) - I honestly don't think this will be a race, more a case of "where did the M6 go". Sorry...

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
All I know is G power makes some ugly body kits:M5launch:

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Let me just get this straight: Your friend with a 635 bhp M6 convertible will race your 400 bhp E39 M5 (don't know what mods you have, if any) - I honestly don't think this will be a race, more a case of "where did the M6 go". Sorry...
+1 Absolutely!
If your friend is as skilled as you.

·
Registered
2002 BMW M5 E39 Dinan
2,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, what I am worried is about the straightaways.
He was way more power under the hood than I do, but also a lot more power to keep in check in the turns.

If i consider that the 'ring was lapped @ 8:30 in E39 M5 and 8:07 in M6.. that is about 1 sec per km advantage. Obviously neither me or he is that class of driver, but he got worried other day when he was driving w/ me in and said..."oh u drive rather well, i had no idea" and got defensive about the track and tire setup and everything.. .. obviously I got nothing to loose and he has pride to loose and a lot of it.... obviously i will request a 5 second head start and if he denies that well, i'm sure he'll just have to let me have the 5 seconds.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts