BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought Id post up some pictures of my project
It's an E39 M5 in carbon black, Im currently swapping in an S85 V10 which I'm also manual swapping.
I'm currently up to the fun bit of electronic interfacing. I've had the engine running and it has moved around the yard just need to finish more off before I take it on the street.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Wow, better than expected. How much fabrication did it take to adapt this to the front subframe? What headers and what transmission are you using?

·
Registered
01 Carbon/Silverstone Exhaust: Jedders-HJS high flow cats-resonator delete-Xpipe-Eisenman cans
2,547 Posts
Subbed....video????

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes that's my car on YouTube.
Basis is I've fitted an E60 subframe this required new mounting points built on the chassis etc.
I'm using the e60 M5 6 speed box.
Other things that I've had to make is exhaust system, gearbox mount, shifter linkage, steering shaft etc etc

Still lots to finish off but hoping to get driving it soon

·
Registered
641 Posts
Awesome! (y)

Reactions: Jon1465

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
Cool project! Looking forward to finished result.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Got some more done over the weekend on the wiring front got it tidied up on one side in the engine bay

Need to tidy up the ebox where the DME is located, just a few more wires to add in before hand for the E39 gauge cluster temp sensor

·
Registered
79 Posts
Simply beautiful.
Did reusing the diff from the E39 make it more alive than it would have been in the E60?
Keep hearing that on the E60s manual is the way to go for reliability, but it's no faster than the auto due to the car not intended design to have a manual.
What I would really like to see is someone swapping the lexus lfa v10 into something since it's so compact, but I don't think anyone is putting those into anything else due to cost and scarcity.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts