BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i will post couple of pictures of my latest build, its still in progress but should be ready and dynoed soon
speccwise

s62 stock block, stock internals,

ecu = maxxecu pro + pdm 16 x2
turbo = garret g42-1450 1.02ar vband
bov = turbosmart 60mm with sensor cap
wastegate = turbosmart 60mm with sensor cap
some opel steering wheel pump
e36 wisefab front
bc br coilovers all around 9/12kg

nuke performance catch can with dual walbro 450s
walbro 450 in main tank
turbosmart pre catch can filter
nuke dual filters after catch can

full an10/an8/an4 ptfe lines for fuel/oil

25 row oil cooler
10 row steering oil cooler
csf race radiator
16" spal electric fan for coolant radiator
10" spal electric fan for oil radiator

will post more pictures and more information, feel free to ask questions

Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood Car
Automotive tire Gas Bicycle part Bicycle fork Auto part

Electrical wiring Audio equipment Gas Electrical supply Wire

Metalworking hand tool Tool Auto part Bicycle part Engineering

Footwear Shoe Motor vehicle Automotive tire Bicycle tire

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bad ***. What do you expect power to be?
im keeping it at modest low boost around 0.5-0.6 bar only, trying to stay around 600whp, i know we have alot more headroom but we want to stay ultra safe on the engine, after i can get the engine sleeved and fully forged internals we are gona push it over 1000hp

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Automotive lighting Vehicle

Tire Vehicle Wheel Car Automotive tire

This is crazy awesome. how did you route the exhaust to feed the turbo? did you stretch the front end/change out the radiator support to fit that monster turbo? DEF gotta follow this thread. would LOVE to see more pics
i have couple of pics of the turbo routing, but pretty much we are going to run full exhaust, from 4" dp to 4" to 2.5" x2 Y splitter on the back and will be running oem mufflers as i think they sound the best, radiator mounts are oem location, after removing visco clutch and fan and replacing them with spal performance fans theres plenty of room, also intercooler fits almost perfectly inside the bumper its 800x600x60mm ic if i remember correclty

added some pictures with old holset hx52 i initially wanted to use aswell, but garrett is just much more sensible to use even at low boost it has ideal characteristics

ill even drop in a old video s62 turbo headers

Photograph Tire Motor vehicle Wheel Bicycle tire
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Asphalt Automotive exterior
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle Bumper Automotive exterior
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
38 Posts
View attachment 965117
View attachment 965116

i have couple of pics of the turbo routing, but pretty much we are going to run full exhaust, from 4" dp to 4" to 2.5" x2 Y splitter on the back and will be running oem mufflers as i think they sound the best, radiator mounts are oem location, after removing visco clutch and fan and replacing them with spal performance fans theres plenty of room, also intercooler fits almost perfectly inside the bumper its 800x600x60mm ic if i remember correclty

added some pictures with old holset hx52 i initially wanted to use aswell, but garrett is just much more sensible to use even at low boost it has ideal characteristics

ill even drop in a old video s62 turbo headers

View attachment 965112 View attachment 965113 View attachment 965114 View attachment 965115
This is incredible. SO MUCH work is going into this. I subscribed to your youtube channel as well. Are you US based? What is your goal for this car (drifting, track, street legal, etc)? Any anticipation when it will be done?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This is incredible. SO MUCH work is going into this. I subscribed to your youtube channel as well. Are you US based? What is your goal for this car (drifting, track, street legal, etc)? Any anticipation when it will be done?
Estonia based- Europe, goal was first to fo Pro/am drift series, but im trying to make it street legal aswell, we are hoping to finish it this month as i have a event i want to attend to with the car

·
Registered
181 Posts
You should post this over to the e39 discussion section. I was wondering why people weren’t going nuts over it and I saw it was in the owners gallery. Sick build. This is the first turbo car I’ve seen.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You should post this over to the e39 discussion section. I was wondering why people weren’t going nuts over it and I saw it was in the owners gallery. Sick build. This is the first turbo car I’ve seen.
didnt know where to put this post, maybe some moderator ( @administrator , @chowdah , @JohnAnthony , @mottati )
can shift this to e39 thread instead then?

·
Registered
11,551 Posts
surprised no one said anything about the rack and pinion yet!
What is to say, did you notice the turning angle he was going for? Whether it is strong enough considering the gear ratio change, do to the increased angle only time will tell, but I doubt there was any other option. Besides the car is going to be a lot lighter even with the cage.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts