BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
I'd agree on the NSW dentist's car. Looks good, but perhaps a tad over-priced. No doubt he'd negotiate once it's been on the market for a while (or even sooner).

There seem to be a lot of June '99 built cars in Australia (including mine!). I'm not sure, but I'm guessing there were a couple of 'main batches' shipped here. I've seen a few '00 and '03 cars, and not much in between.

It doesn't take much to 'facelift' an older car, if that's what you want to do. Many of the 'options' depend on what boxes were ticked by the original purchaser, regardless of year model. Mine has rain-sensing wipers for eg (which I thought all Aus-delivered cars had...). Not sure what the auto-lights or ICE is, but steering wheel, headlights, 16:9 and Navi are all pretty easy to do.

And don't under-estimate what it will cost to bring any of these cars up to 'satisfactory'. My car was fairly "good-to-go" when I bought it, but I have still spent over $7k without doing anything major at all.

Cheers,
Adam.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I totally agree adam,

I have spent just a bit over 20k on the 530i but this includes mods, full service(includes transmission flush), suspension front & rear over haul and cooling system overhaul.

buying a second hand car will still require some attention to get it up to scratch not like some examples I saw on the the board here where they are flawless, unfortunately its in the states.

41 - 43 of 43 Posts
About this Discussion
42 Replies
7 Participants
Mohum
BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums
M5Board is the best forum community for information on the BMW M5 E60 (V-10), E39 (V-8), E34 (straight 6), E28, F90 and F10. Discuss performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing