BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
I only really know of two sway bars for the M5, but there may be more: Dinan and Eibach. Dinan is adjustable, but no longer made. Eibach is fixed.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I've been running the Eibach on my 2001 540 for a couple years now and thery're great.
Any thought's on what people are running for sways on M5?

i was thinking of moving the M5 bar to the 540 and trying the rear Eibach on the M5...
Or, maybe just leave the M5 stock and put on the Aluminum mounts with stiffer bushings.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
The Dinan is listed as 17mm, but the Eibach is 18mm and solid. Is the Dinan hollow?

I have the Eibach rear bar and enjoy it, but my only "track time" in the car is spirited jaunts between Houston traffic jams.

·
Registered
148 Posts
The Dinan is listed as 17mm, but the Eibach is 18mm and solid. Is the Dinan hollow?

I have the Eibach rear bar and enjoy it, but my only "track time" in the car is spirited jaunts between Houston traffic jams.
When I put the Eiback set-up on, I immediately ripped out the rear mounts and went with some Beastpower ones.

They should make a front set too, I ripped one of those a while back and just replaced it with a stock one.

·
Registered
286 Posts
When I put the Eiback set-up on, I immediately ripped out the rear mounts and went with some Beastpower ones.

They should make a front set too, I ripped one of those a while back and just replaced it with a stock one.

I am still rocking the stock aluminum brackets with the rear Eibach bar, but I used two washers on either side as spacers. My suspicion is that the stock brackets fail so much due to BOTH the cornering force, but also because of the massive amount of clamping stress they are under at all times. I felt like I was going to snap the bracket in two just bolting it down, so I added the two washers in between the bracket and mounting surface to reduce the clamping stress. Still have a very snug fit around the bushing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts