BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any company (like ESS) who will provide a reliable forced induction system to the E39 M5? I know they exist for the 540 since I looked into it when I had my '02 M540. I cannot understand why with all the expensive mods that Dinan offers (for example) why each one only provides a minimal increase in power/torque. You would think that by putting in my cold air package it would have increased by more than 6 hp (including the software).

I undestand Dinan's explanations about how wonderful the stock S62 BMW engine tuning is already :blabla: Is there anyone out there that can provide decent tuning components, with reasonable upscale power returns within warranty parameters?

lemeeno please, and thanks for listening to my rant.

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
First off, I love your car collection. Definately a true enthusiest of all makes:). Try running a search on the board on this topic. The only place right now offering the SC setup is Discovery Automotive out of CA. Dinan has supposidly been working on one for a couple years but is still not confident enough to offer it to the public yet. You should be able to find more then enough info on SC by running a search though. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
TCM said:
First off, I love your car collection. Definately a true enthusiest of all makes:). Try running a search on the board on this topic. The only place right now offering the SC setup is Discovery Automotive out of CA. Dinan has supposidly been working on one for a couple years but is still not confident enough to offer it to the public yet. You should be able to find more then enough info on SC by running a search though. Hope this helps.
Thanks TC - I appreciate the info. I will follow it up.
Take care
Yale

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
540is said:
ESS are developing a kit for M5 E39, but I gues it wont be on the market until spring next year.
Thanks for the tip. I've been on their website already.:M5thumbs:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts