BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm trying to figure out what does "Table 38 Code 02 - Warn Lamp" means.
My car was front & rear-ended. The body shop had replaced the BATTERY POSITIVE TERMINAL. But the SRS (air-bag) light won't turn off. I pulled codes using BavAuto SRS scanner. (pretty much the same as Peak) and I keep getting "Table 38 Code 02 --- Warn Lamp". Does anyone know what does it mean? Thanks.

·
Registered
9,972 Posts
Are you using BAV tables or peake? I think they are the same. I looked up that code in my tables and it says the light is active, best guess my tables have been translated. Have you reset the system?

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm using BavAuto SRS Scanner. I think its the same as the Peak scanner. Even the books are the same :)
Here is a link to the book: https://www.bavauto.com/Assets/inst_pages/ins317.pdf

In the BavAuto book and the Peak book under Table 38 Code 2 it says "warn lamp". That is exact info. Just like in the book.

I had done full reset using my SRS Scanner. All codes got wiped out except Code 2. I had tried resetting it 3 time. No change.
I have a feeling there might be sensor in the seat-belt buckle and maybe SRS is not going to away due to that..............but I'm really shooting in the dark here.

Do you think I should also do full reset using BavAuto SR-300 scanner, that is used for SES codes?

Thanks.

·
Registered
9,972 Posts
If you reset it you reset it. Don't think resetting the SES part would help but it can't hurt, worth a try.
I found the german original and put it back in google translate that did not help either.

Sorry don't know what to say except if you find out please update the thread as it is clear we don't have this info and need it.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think its the seat-belt sensor. I had my seat-belt on during the collision, so it must have deployed kind of like the positive terminal does.
I will make sure to post final results.

·
Registered
4,488 Posts
Any chance it's a simple as one of the warning lamps in the dash burning out? Either the seat belt lamp or the air bag lamp? If indeed they are lamps.

Malcolm

·
Registered
9,972 Posts
That is plausible. The German is this Warnleuchte but under it there is "Def." Never thought it was a short form. Def does not translate but if I go backwards and do malfunction I get Defekt. If you want to shorten Defekt it might be just Def.

Good guess buy a loto ticket might be your lucky week.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OK..................here it is....................the mysterious SRS - Table 38 - Code 2 - "warn lamp".........................................It was the seat-belt buckle sensor.
Installed brand new one. Did SRS reset. SRS light turned off. I drove the car for about 10-12 miles...................all seem to be good.
If anything changes, I'll be sure to post an update........................but so far so good.

·
Registered
9,972 Posts
Thanks I will edit my list. Before translation from German they were likely indicating the seat belt warning light is on so likely a fault anywhere in that system could be at fault.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts