BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 134 Posts

·
Registered
12,805 Posts
Hi Guys, I have a few left over from a multipack I bought. These will work with the E39 M5 without any type of modifications.

$10 shipped. PM if interested

What about the clutch interlock??
Regards,
Jerry

·
Registered
12,805 Posts
This is short enough that it won't give you any problems.
If it is short enough to allow my clutch interlock to work, then it will be an inch or two too short to do much good, as the engagement point is considerably higher than the interlock point.
Regards,
Jerry

·
Registered
130 Posts
I installed one yesterday... Ordered it just for an excuse to play around with the ///M.

I had to turn the nut all the way down, and I didn't use the washer because with it, I had to be deliberate with pushing the clutch "all the way down" every time I'd start the car to avoid the safety lockout.. I didn't want to be hassled with this for such a minor mod...

That said, the mod isn't minor. It's major. At least in my car. With the removal of about 1 inch of unnecessary pedal travel, the clutch take-up is now very linear and noticeably more progressive. It makes the drive-train feel more compact, if that makes sense.

YMMV, but for me, the feel is great....

Regards, Ed

·
Registered
446 Posts
I installed one yesterday... Ordered it just for an excuse to play around with the ///M.

I had to turn the nut all the way down, and I didn't use the washer because with it, I had to be deliberate with pushing the clutch "all the way down" every time I'd start the car to avoid the safety lockout.. I didn't want to be hassled with this for such a minor mod...

That said, the mod isn't minor. It's major. At least in my car. With the removal of about 1 inch of unnecessary pedal travel, the clutch take-up is now very linear and noticeably more progressive. It makes the drive-train feel more compact, if that makes sense.

Regards, Ed
Well said, same experience I had :) great little cheap mod.

·
Registered
207 Posts

Regards, Ed
Same here. You wouldn't think about a one inch difference in travel w/b noticeable, but it is.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Just wanted to bump this up especially seeing as there are a lot of new E39 M5 owners.

This is a small but great mod like the E60 shifter. As mentioned above, it's one of those little things that goes a long way and makes a big difference in feel. Adds about a third of an inch. Direct controls to driveability are noticeably a lot tighter. Highly recommended.

I didn't buy one but I did cut a similar clutchshop which had a longer bolt to the specs provided by JBE46 and it fits perfectly with no added effort in attempting to start the engine. Kinda funny that 01 up owners (including me) had been trying for so long to figure out a bypass to the clutch start when a shorter bolt would have sufficed.

Thanks to JBE46 for the specs.

·
Registered
246 Posts
just installed this and I love the feel of a solid blocker every time I go to shift. Almost like the big boy on my old e36 M3 in feel!

·
Banned
139 Posts
Have any left?

1 - 20 of 134 Posts