BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Fellow M5 owners! I've been having a problem with my rpm's going up every time I put the clutch in. Its very annoying and I have to shift slower because I have to let the RPM's go up and then come down to the appropriate RPM's for that specific gear. My cruise control also isn't engaging and i'm thinking that this problem is interconnected somehow. I have taken to a local BMW mechanic and he said i am getting all signals from my sensors in the DME after replacing my brake line switch and wheel angle sensor. I have also replaced my mafs. This problem has been going on for more than a year and i cant find the culprit Going on M%Board is my last option. Just want to drive the beast like it should drive any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Your problem sounds more chronic so I doubt this is it, but does it do the same thing when it is/isn't in Sport mode? I've experienced some RPM hang occasionally when driving spiritedly if I'm not in Sport. Never happens in Sport mode. I've always assumed it was user error, but now I'm curious if there's not something else to it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts