BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i looked under my car last night and think i found the cause of all the ratling noises !

the drop link is broken and the little bracket which clamps the roll bar securely is missing/broken !
anyone seen this happen before ?
anyone know where to get the bracket/clamp ?
i min watford , uk

·
Registered
377 Posts
The sway bar brackets being broken are pretty common. You can either get another OEM bracket or get one of the beefier sway bar brackets from one of the vendors.

·
Registered
220 Posts
In the pursuit of installing the H&R Street Coilovers on my M5 I discovered the drivers side swaybar bracket was broken. I decided not to mess around with the OEM brackets and found what looks to be an awesome billet replacement set sold by BeastPower.

At minimum it sounds like those with OEM brackets should be checking them often as apparently there is a real danger of the the sway bar (if a bracket breaks) rubbing through a rear brake line.

This URL will bring you to the set I purchased --pricey but worth it IMHO:

http://tinyurl.com/2pmj6y

Best regards,
Pat Arnold

·
Registered
936 Posts
Yep - common problem.

I stuck with OEM but most guys replace with a tougher versions.

I replaced both brackets and drop links 'while I was there' - simple enough job as a DIY and the parts are not terribly expensive from the dealer - give them some grief when you are buying them, something like 'this is the third fookin time I've replaced these' and look for a discount, or at least the VAT off :blink:

·
Registered
543 Posts
when you look at the mod lists from most of the bmw's on this forum, i see the TC Design links from beastpower (www.beastpower.com)

Groupbuy?

-kmac

·
Registered
220 Posts
I just bought this particular bracket from BeastPower yesterday and based on the question posed here of a "group buy" I pinged the owner of the company Daniel Levitt. He said he would entertain a group buy if the volumes were sufficient (I'm paraphrasing here and he sounded more "customer friendly" than this in his reply to me). He said to let him know how many folks would be interested and to let him know. Apparently he not too long ago did knock the price down from $195 per pair to $119.

Anyway, if there is interest and you guys have a good way of conducting a poll and handling group buy type purchases I'd be happy to get back with Daniel --or stand out of the way and let someone else handle it. I'm cool either way.

Thanks,

Pat

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
I'm interested in a pair

·
Registered
220 Posts
I'm in too

I'll take a discounted pair

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
I'm in too.

Just an FYI, if anybody buys a different brand, MAKE SURE they are aluminum based. If not, you may experience corrosion.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Is there a European supplier of the Beastpower sway bar brackets, as shipping to Europe comes to more than $75?

·
Registered
7,569 Posts
I just bought this particular bracket from BeastPower yesterday and based on the question posed here of a "group buy" I pinged the owner of the company Daniel Levitt. He said he would entertain a group buy if the volumes were sufficient (I'm paraphrasing here and he sounded more "customer friendly" than this in his reply to me). He said to let him know how many folks would be interested and to let him know. Apparently he not too long ago did knock the price down from $195 per pair to $119.

Anyway, if there is interest and you guys have a good way of conducting a poll and handling group buy type purchases I'd be happy to get back with Daniel --or stand out of the way and let someone else handle it. I'm cool either way.

Thanks,

Pat
A couple of years ago, there was a furor on the board about these brackets and how expensive they were priced. TC Design has always sold them cheaper than Beastpower btw, at least they used to (they make them). Anyway, someone on the board with access to a machine shop and material priced up the manufacturing costs for a low volume run of these, and came up with a really low number. He posted here about selling them for about 1/2 of Beastpower's crazy price, and the uproar began. This wasn't long after Beastpower was no longer a sponsor of the board.

Beastpower promptly lowered their price to $99 (I think it was) and that ended the guy's plan. A bunch of people bought the brackets at that $99 price, me included. Over time, that price has obviously crept back up to nose bleed territory again. EDIT: Nevermind, they are $119 now...they used to be priced at $175 in the old days.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts