BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw a beautiful car here in Denver that was blue, but almost black. Does anyone know what color this is?

Thx, Steve

PS: I am in the market for an e39 M5 (as soon as I sell my 99 M3 - trades anyone?). I will be looking for a 00 or 01 black, blue, red or white.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Most likely Carbon Black......

·
Registered
103 Posts
sarends said:
I saw a beautiful car here in Denver that was blue, but almost black. Does anyone know what color this is?
SouthShore is right - it is likely Carbon Black (there is also Jet Black, which is a "true" black). This color looks superb when it is clean, and after it has been properly detailed.

However, you should know that even more so than other dark colors, Carbon Black is a PITA to keep clean, and it shows paint swirls like nothing I've ever seen before.

We love the look of our CB 2003 beast, and had we special ordered it (rather than falling onto the purchase), we would have ordered CB. I have to confess, however, now that we know what a high maintenance color it is, we would definitely NOT go with it again - likely antrhacite, blue, red. . . just about any thing other than CB.

On the other hand, if you're not obsessive complusive about your car looking perfectly clean, you shouldn't have a problem with it.

Best,

Mrs_Struth

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Hmmm ...

I have an '03 Carbon Black ... I consider myself compulsive about the way M'Lady Drives and the way M'Lady Looks. She's a little more "High Maintenance" than let's say ... Titananium or Sterling Silver ... or an Alpine White, for that matter ... BUT I would also say the she is No More difficult than a Jet Black Lady.

BUT ... I really don't mind because ... In the end, Carbon Black is the sexiest most elegant color that M'Lady could wear.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Yup, CB is the color as I also have one.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
My Son's at CU - Boulder. He loves it there! Although, everytime he comes home to L.A. for a visit ... he comments about how the "Go Get 'em Cars" in Boulder are virtually Non-Existent ... especially Bimmers.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I can imagine that would be true - you would see many more high end performance cars in Denver.

·
Registered
5,226 Posts
I am sure as those above have stated that this is indeed carbon black. This was the color of my 1st M5 a MY00. I was fortunate enough to be able to trade it for even money the next year for an imola red MY01.

For the year that I owned it, it was great when clean which was most of the time in S. CA. but when the least bit dusty it really did show. I cannot imagine owning this color in a rainy part of the country.

Good luck with that cleaning,

Mark

·
Registered
5,226 Posts
gra8fuldd ed said:
Hey Mark ... How are U? SWELL, I Hope!!!

I could not agree with more. Good thing in never rains here is SoCal!!! :)
Ed,

I'm doing well thanks. Hope all is well in sometimes sunny S.CA.. You have recieved more rain this year than Houston! Next thing you'll be telling me is that you have mosquitoes now.

Picked up a small dent on the front passenger fender from a board kicked up on the highway. The BMW dealer will certainly like fixing that.

Anything new on your care?

Mark

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
gra8fuldd ed said:
Hmmm ...

I have an '03 Carbon Black ... I consider myself compulsive about the way M'Lady Drives and the way M'Lady Looks. She's a little more "High Maintenance" than let's say ... Titananium or Sterling Silver ... or an Alpine White, for that matter ... BUT I would also say the she is No More difficult than a Jet Black Lady.

BUT ... I really don't mind because ... In the end, Carbon Black is the sexiest most elegant color that M'Lady could wear.
Couldn't agree with you more M'lady can also be a little dirty on ocaasion - Which is nice ;) http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=51375&highlight=dirty

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
MAH said:
Ed,

I'm doing well thanks. Hope all is well in sometimes sunny S.CA.. You have recieved more rain this year than Houston! Next thing you'll be telling me is that you have mosquitoes now.

Picked up a small dent on the front passenger fender from a board kicked up on the highway. The BMW dealer will certainly like fixing that.

Anything new on your care? Mark
Yes ... We have No Mosquitoes Today!! :M5launch:

Contemplating Headers and Enlarged Throttle Bodies and BBK ... BUT ... Other than that ... Not Much on my M5.

For My 8-Series ... I just received the Euro CSi Front & Rear Body Kit, A Full Set of GregK's K-Bars (aka Swaybars, Front & Rear), Camber Plates, Adjustable End-Links, a Set of Bilstein Sport Struts, H&R Sport Springs and a set of CSI Euro Mirrors.

What do ya think I should do first ... The suspension or Paint 'n Body Work?

cherrsagai

·
Registered
5,226 Posts
gra8fuldd ed said:
Yes ... We have No Mosquitoes Today!! :M5launch:

Contemplating Headers and Enlarged Throttle Bodies and BBK ... BUT ... Other than that ... Not Much on my M5.

For My 8-Series ... I just received the Euro CSi Front & Rear Body Kit, A Full Set of GregK's K-Bars (aka Swaybars, Front & Rear), Camber Plates, Adjustable End-Links, a Set of Bilstein Sport Struts, H&R Sport Springs and a set of CSI Euro Mirrors.

What do ya think I should do first ... The suspension or Paint 'n Body Work?

cherrsagai
Paint and body would be my vote. Can't wait to see the pics.

Mark

1 - 16 of 16 Posts