BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I need help everytime I’m shifting and I engage the clutch it makes a clink and I sometimes hear the same noise when I let off the gas hopefully not the trans if somebody experienced the same issues please help!!

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
check your drivetrain. It can be your differential mount or driveshaft CV joint or some other moving parts.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
check your drivetrain. It can be your differential mount or driveshaft CV joint or some other moving parts.
Thanks I have had a feeling it could be something drivetrain related I will be going under and checking and will inform you guys on what the outcome is thanks for the push to be inspecting the drivetrain!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you!! everybody thinks this is what could be the source of my problem I will be going under and posting what the problem is to make sure nobody goes through the extra hassle!!!

·
Registered
272 Posts
If it's sort of a not-too-loud fairly high pitched Tink! then my money would be on the driveshaft; although sadly I can't tell you exactly which specific part of the driveshaft.

·
Registered
2002 BMW M5 E39 Dinan
2,242 Posts
Also check for play in both rear axles cv-joints and the driveshaft cv-joint as well.. it will be very slight but it will be felt through chassis.

Also diff could have slight play in it.. I have poly bushings everywhere and the rear definitely feels clunky even after all the above fixes because sound travels from subframe to car's frame so well with polyurethane.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts