BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi All,

I require the PDC sensor part number 66207964087 (supplied by main dealer) for my car.
It's the one that goes into the rear bumper rather than in the moulsing itself, main dealer wants £110 + VAT for the part in Carbon Black..!!!

Can anyone advise if there is an alternative part number for this or a compatible version I may easily be able to source from ebay, have looked and emailed people but they don't seem to have this number eventhough it looks correct i.e. is the rounded version as per pic below.

Thanks.

** Just realised this may be in the wrong section - sorry..!!! ***

·
Registered
524 Posts
Last year I recall paying approximately £50 for the senor from BMW and then buying a touch up spray to colour code it. Works out significantly cheaper but does invalidate the BMW part warranty. You pay your money, you make your choice...

·
Registered
492 Posts
I was about to ask a similar question. I am thinking of just getting both sensors and fitting them, my car is going in to the bodyshop next month for a mop up, I spoke to them and in the process of doing that they'll paint my sensors for me. However any advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Last year I recall paying approximately £50 for the senor from BMW and then buying a touch up spray to colour code it
If it was £50 from BMW I would get it and spray it myself but those stealers want too much dosh for the part...!!!

I keeping getting asked by ebay sellers what the plug on the sensor looks like, I don't know as haven't been able to take off the bumper yet...!!!

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cheers YG for that, I emailed them and they are unsure if its def right for my car!

I gave the offending sensor a good beating earlier and its starting working again, prob not for too long I'm sure but let's see what happens?

·
Registered
492 Posts
FYI

Hi Craig

I have 3 black items in stock. I need to get prices for them. To paint these will be cheaper for you, as painted ones from BMW are over £100 and can take up to 6 weeks to arrive as they are painted to order. You could order a tin of paint and do it yourself.

Part number is 6989069 and will be on the site later today.

Many thanks

There is only 1 left now as I bagged two already. Does anyone have any good tips on painting these?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
FYI

Hi Craig

I have 3 black items in stock. I need to get prices for them. To paint these will be cheaper for you, as painted ones from BMW are over £100 and can take up to 6 weeks to arrive as they are painted to order. You could order a tin of paint and do it yourself.

Part number is 6989069 and will be on the site later today.

Many thanks

There is only 1 left now as I bagged two already. Does anyone have any good tips on painting these?
How much do they want for the sensor?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts