BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

E39 M5 PART OUT!!

30K views 130 replies 32 participants last post by  TiAgE39M5 
#1 · (Edited)
Decided to part out my 2002 E39 M5 with 129,791 miles on the clock when the clock stopped ticking, California car its whole life so no rust, corrosion or water damage issues on any of the parts.

#4 · (Edited)
Thanks guys, miraculously no one was hurt but definitely saddened by experience because of how much time I put into preventative maintenance and tasteful mods on the car and not really getting to enjoy it.

Guys, I don't want to upset anybody but I'm going to see what kind of local interest I get first before I resort to shipping as it's just a lot of headache for me to ship a lot of parts. Please PM me your interest in the parts you want and I will keep a list of everyone who showed interest then get back to you after I see what kind of initial LOCAL interest I get.

Thank you for understanding.

#20 ·
So I'm trying to fine tune a process that works best for all pick-up transactions. Please keep in mind that I'm not a seasoned used parts seller and this is a one-time deal for me so I need time to research to arrive at fair price and am willing to negotiate but no low-balling please. Also, the car resides in my home and not a junk yard or pick your part. I don't want to negotiate with potential buyers on site. Best way to streamline this process is for you to send me as complete a list as possible of items you want, we arrive at agreed upon price, I prepare parts for pick up then arrange for pick-up time that works for both parties, done. I also work in the Woodland Hills area so we can possibly meet near there around lunch time to do exchange.

#21 ·
Well that didn’t work.

Are the pork chops ok? I need driver side if still available.

Also, I am thinking of going back to factory Nav so I am interested in the wiring harness. I can assist with removal if needed.

Would also like to take a look at the center console, driver side pillar.

As mentioned it be easier to come see the car and purchase needed/available parts.

#24 ·
Pork chops are after referee to the practice L shaped covers that act as a splash guard for the tires and mount under the front bomber cover. Looking at the pictures you posted, driver side plastic looks shattered. How is the driver side.

Here is what I am looking to see on the center counsel. Condition of the leather and the securing tabs. Often these crumble and break over period of time.

Also need, driver side lower dash. This is where ODBII port is. Need one with all securing tabs in place.

#25 ·
Pork chops are after referee to the practice L shaped covers that act as a splash guard for the tires and mount under the front bomber cover. Looking at the pictures you posted, driver side plastic looks shattered. How is the driver side.

Here is what I am looking to see on the center counsel. Condition of the leather and the securing tabs. Often these crumble and break over period of time.

Also need, driver side lower dash. This is where ODBII port is. Need one with all securing tabs in place.
I have complete US as well as Euro lower dash(pending sale), both in pristine shape, I will post photos of everything you've mentioned along with prices this weekend, stay tuned...

#29 ·
Have finally decided to part out my 2002 E39 M5, California car its whole life, please PM me which parts you're interested in and whether you're local pick up or shipping, if shipping, specify zip code. Car has 129,791 miles on the clock and is located in Los Angeles, CA northeast of the San Fernando Valley just north of the city of Burbank off 210 freeway, zip code 91040. Strong preference to sell everything locally as I'm not in a rush and despise going to the Post Office. I understand that's not realistic and I will eventually ship parts but for now I prefer local pick-up only. I'd like to sell the fully running engine/transmission, DME, etc. first and will only do local pick up
Both calipers sets are available and have brand new BMW pads on them. I'm going to remove front/rear complete brake system off car and try to sell as a complete set first, stay tuned for photos and pricing...
E39 M5 Trunk Badge Decal - $5 (Add on item)
--> These are great, high quality, removed trunk has badge already refreshed with one of these, this is a spare I kept.
View attachment 930698
interested in this and interior trim if in good shape. Also interested in rear view mirror, and rear window shades (driver and passenger side small quarter windows. Might also be interested in steering wheel when available.

I’m local to you and also work in Woodland Hillls so meet up when you are ready would not be a problem.

Sent you PM. You can also email me at ij.bautista @ yahoo dot com

Thanks!

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.