1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,361 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
For some reason I can not use these links, the PDF files will not open after DL..

Reactions: 1 person

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Solution

Arie

Instead of saving the PDF to your drive, try "open from current location". That worked for me.

·
Moderator Emeritus
5,150 Posts
I don't think the links work at all anymore.. :(

Reactions: 1 person

·
Registered
37 Posts
JFB,

By any chance did you save the file for the 2002 M5? I'd like to get a copy.

Thanks,
Ray

·
Registered
665 Posts
I'd quite like to get a copy of the 2002 M5 manual too .. I have the original German one but one in English would be great to have.

Thanks,

Lasse

·
Registered
659 Posts
2000 m5 manual

Try this.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
YES -- The links work.

tfung said:
I don't think the links work at all anymore.. :(
Guys:

The links work just fine. For some reason, though, one can't view the PDF file in the browser.

Instead, RIGHT click your mouse button and select SAVE TARGET AS to save the file to your PC.

Open the saved file using ACROBAT READER.

You can also get the manual from www.bmwusa.com by entering the Owner's Circle. In the right side frame, you'll see the heading My 200X M5, where the X is your model year. Click the Owners' Manual link (you may have to click Manage my BMW to expand the menu). Once you do that, you can search for the Owners' Manual for any BMW model 2000 or later.

:byee55amg

·
Registered
49 Posts
Re: YES -- The links work.

JFB said:
Guys:

The links work just fine. For some reason, though, one can't view the PDF file in the browser.

Instead, RIGHT click your mouse button and select SAVE TARGET AS to save the file to your PC.

Open the saved file using ACROBAT READER.

You can also get the manual from www.bmwusa.com by entering the Owner's Circle. In the right side frame, you'll see the heading My 200X M5, where the X is your model year. Click the Owners' Manual link (you may have to click Manage my BMW to expand the menu). Once you do that, you can search for the Owners' Manual for any BMW model 2000 or later.

:byee55amg

Those links are a re-direct sort of speak and not a direct link to the .pdf it self so that's the reason why it's not viewable online when double clicking the URL.

I think the intent was to have people do a save as instead of viewing online... That would keep the bandwidth use down.

Here's a URL that can do both, a save as or view online by double clicking the .pdf via Internet Explorer with adobe acrobat reader

http://www.bmwtips.com/ownersmanuals

Mola

·
Registered
7 Posts
US vs Australian Manuals (and cars?)

I live in Sydney, Australia, and have just bought a second-hand M5 (E39, Le Mans blue, 6/00 build). The pdf files for the US manuals all show the kerb weight as 1825 kilos (and also give no performance figures for the car). The Australian M5s all have a kerb weight of 1790 kilos, with 0-100kph and 0-160 kph performance figures of 5.2 secs and 11.6 secs respectively. Why the extra weight on US spec cars? And why are they so coy about displaying performance figures? This is my first post, so be gentle with me! A great site (and a really great car).
Chris:cheers:

·
Registered
6,353 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Cool! Anyone know where to get the radio and phone owner's manual? (I've got the cd changer/dsp/navi stereo and the siemens s10 bmw phone.)

·
Registered
1 Posts
IceGBG said:
Yes, can anybody help us out with the phone and navi user manuals?
Did you get any response? I have a CPT8000 in my 2002 M5 but cannot find a supplementary owner's manual (for the phone ) anywhere.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts