BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Search, is your friend! Muffler delete has been done MANY times...a competent shop can do that for you for much less than what he's asking.:3:

·
Registered
105 Posts
Well.. I did the muffler delete when the car I bought used had Eisenmann exhaust on it. It sounds great!! I understood that there is no HP gain of any kind, but the sound is just heaven!! No droning around 2000 rpm, and once I go over 4000 rpm the exhaust just seemed to open up. Cheap and effective. But very loud on cold starts. Not sure if this is something you want if you live near in a quiet neighborhood.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know all about muffler delete. Just curious what you guys thought of the price. The quality looks as good as Timmay tips. Timmay tips are over $400 bucks plus shipping and it doesn't look like he is going to be making anymore. Been wanting to do the delete and the only thing holding me back is proper looking tips. Almost everything I've found is double wall or 3 1/2" which is too large. This is the only thing even close to the look or quality of Timmay tips.

·
Registered
816 Posts
I didn't pay too much more than that for an entire custom exhaust setup pictured below. I think it's a bit over priced but it looks really nice and appears to use factory mounting. If it's within your budget and you don't have a good fabricator you trust, I say go for it and let us know how you like it.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Well.. I paid a little over 500 out here... a bit pricey I guess.. but I turned around and sold my exhaust for around 1000.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
I didn't pay too much more than that for an entire custom exhaust setup pictured below.
Yabut...that's an exhaust for a chebby engine isn't it?? BMW will always cost more.:3:

·
Registered
92 Posts

·
Registered
6,940 Posts
Interesting. Stealing my design........ Very noble.......

·
Registered
6,940 Posts
Fabricating your own set of tips that are LIKE mine is one thing, but to order a set from me and completely copy them? That's pretty shady.......

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Everything but the tips looks kind of cheap too, tbh. Sloppy welds and they did not even use the same diameter piping all the way through? Very poor quality bends too... $900 for that is a joke and that he just resold them for profit is pretty messed up.

How do you know he replicated them and not that he bought a set, installed, and changed his mind then re-sold? Can you tell they aren't yours just by the etching?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts