BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a Milltek catback exhaust fitted to the beast about 2 years back and promised to post a video once I had covered a few miles.

The car has spent most of its time in my garage, but recently I gave it an inspection 2 service and started to use it again as my daily drive.

I have covered 5000 miles and the exhaust sounds a lot better, and more meaty.

here is a short clip for you all to enjoy (shot at night and yes the engine is warm!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmbMXUJB7I4

Back to the good life! :M5launch:

·
Registered
624 Posts
Nice post! always wandered how a miltek would sound?? it sounds stunning, just right imo, nice and throaty!!
If you dont me asking how much did it cost?? pm me if you dont want to post on here!

:cheers:

Rob

·
Registered
446 Posts
very nice. i'm wanting an exhaust now, but not til the m3 is sold. dang it.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Had my Milltek catback fitted at Thorney Motorsport about three weeks ago. It sounds fantastic at any revs, but the best thing is it is not droney like some after-market exhausts can be. The ACS exhaust on my E46 M3 was dreadful at 2-3K revs!!! The rolled 90mm tips also look excellent; really finishing the car off - much better than the woosie looking OEM ones! The cost was about £1200 I think.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Had my Milltek catback fitted at Thorney Motorsport about three weeks ago. It sounds fantastic at any revs, but the best thing is it is not droney like some after-market exhausts can be. The ACS exhaust on my E46 M3 was dreadful at 2-3K revs!!! The rolled 90mm tips also look excellent; really finishing the car off - much better than the woosie looking OEM ones! The cost was about £1200 I think.

does the re mapping really make any difference?

·
Registered
369 Posts
I think the gains were pretty small; about 15 - 18 BHP IIRC.

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
I had the full 3 piece Milltek fitted on my E39 and it was just right. Not too loud like Kelleners but much beefier than stock. Looked great too.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Milltek is a perfect all round exhaust.

Nice one.

My 2 videos of MichaelC comes up on youtube on the right hand side.
Mine are the ones submitted by my alter-ego 'Neilbabylon'
One is a static shot like yours, the other is how it sounds under load.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Nice exhaust and good build quality.. but there are absolutly loads of different catback exhausts available! checkout the sound clips!!

·
Registered
369 Posts
Pictures of Miltek tail pipes - As i said before, lookswise and sound, such an improvement over OEM!

Attachments

·
Registered
624 Posts
Love your car graham, its so clean and with the miltek its absolutely the nuts.:M5thumbs:
Did it have the miltek on when you bought it??

·
Registered
124 Posts
Love your car graham, its so clean and with the miltek its absolutely the nuts.:M5thumbs:
Did it have the miltek on when you bought it??
No mate bought it 8 weeks ago. The garage that fitted it made a right mess of it so have just had it refitted.

Cheers, Graham

·
Registered
369 Posts
Also, the Miltek system comes with a life time guarantee (including labour costs). :M5thumbs::M5launch:

·
Registered
41 Posts
I've been researching cat back exhausts and Milltek is the best sounding that I've heard yet - not too loud, and muscular but not raspy. Does anyone know if these can be found in the US? If so, anyone know if I'd get in trouble for having them in California? Also, yes I've searched already for answers to these questions.

Thanks

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
My EX Full Milltek System and Milltek Race Cats :

·
Registered
365 Posts
Milltek

OK, anyone know how much it weighs?

And how about pricing?

Thanks in advance,

ssomed

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
OK, anyone know how much it weighs?

And how about pricing?

Thanks in advance,

ssomed
I paid about £1900 for Exhaust and Cats (circa £950 each)

Cheers

1 - 20 of 20 Posts