BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought it was time to write about my next adventure here in the Australian section :)

After 8 years in the UK I'm moving back next month. Our plans have been in place for around 2 years, so when the decision to return was made I knew I wanted to take advantage of the Personal Imports Scheme.

After owning an E36 and E46 over here, the E39 M5 was a pretty easy choice to make for long term ownership.

I found mine for sale 18 months ago in Bristol, for less than £9k with only 53k miles or 85k km. I've had a stack of maintenance and a full respray done over here.

In preparation for the move I've had the instrument cluster dials from a non-facelift European M5 fitted, I prefer the black background too...

And installed child seat mounts for the parcel shelf myself using parts ordered from Germany

To assist with shipping and registration I'm using the very helpful Iron Lady Imports and this is the floating beast which my beast is coming on OOCL QINGDAO

This shot was taken yesterday just before I dropped her off at the docks in Southampton

Two months until QLD registration and the next opportunity for a drive! Mount Nebo awaits :)

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't have the final invoice yet but it's very close to that, however there are additional container handling fees in port which will be between $400 and $700 AUD.

Sorry again to hear about the theft from yours, info on the PomsInOz forum suggest it happens when stopped at middle eastern ports on the way over...

·
Registered
226 Posts
Congrats, join the local driving clubs for cruises and so forth, we just had our nationals in melbourne this year. looking forward to meeting you soon.

·
Registered
226 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts