BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of a decent intake/induction system available/in stock in the UK? Would ideally go for the GruppeM, but at £900 seems a little steep. Do i have to order from America and wait for weeks. Why isn't there more products available over here?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Whats wrong with your std induction system. BMW spent thousands designing and developing this, why change it.
Just my view mate.

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
The GruppeM isn't really a cold air intake system. Not worth the money. Anyway, with an intake only, you won't feel much performance difference.

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
Whats wrong with your std induction system. BMW spent thousands designing and developing this, why change it.
Just my view mate.
Agreed. I'd use the money on something more worthwhile :wroom:

·
Registered
936 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Will probably leave it, maybe just uprated panel filters? Had ordered an AFE CAI from Beastpower in America but cancelled it when i found a copy of the GruppeM at bmwmstyle.co.uk. They say they have sold a few and they have had good feedback. But asked the guy who i just ordered my Eisenmann and X pipe from and he said stay well clear. The exhaust was from evo-s.co.uk.He advised that these were E36 M3 Simota items and i'd have to cut and shut them to fit. Hopefully the noise from my exhaust will be enough.

·
Registered
124 Posts
The only one I would go for would be the Active Autowerke one, http://www.ca-automotive.co.uk/products-Y2FyX21ha2U9Ym13JmNhcl90eXBlPWUzOW0mY2F0X2lkPTEmY29tcF9pZD0xNA==.html

It adds ducting to the brakes too.

The stock intake is very well designed so even though AA claim an increase in BHP I don't think you would really notice any difference, I have driven M5's with it fitted and they were no different to how my car (Stock except for Eisemann) feels.

Richie.
Damn I'd like to have those induction holes in the front grill... :crying: But a bit expensive I think. Has anyone made those by himself, cheaper? ??????

Those K&N Air panels I think are not so good investment... just dyno proofen thing few weeks ago when we dynobenched my car and friends car with and without K&N panels, and there was no difference, not even a small one.

Only effect was that my friends AFM's got broken once he installed those K&N's. :biggrin:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts