BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!

I've got an Imola Red 2003 E39, and I live near Mentor, OH. We see a couple E60's now and then (a black one and a silver one) however I thought I was the only E39 up here, but I was mistaken! My son (who is 16 but has an eagle-eye) and I were out this weekend driving down Mentor Ave. just past the new Target store toward Painesville, and he says: "DAD! Look!!!" and sure enough, on the north side of the street - a Silver (perhaps Titanium) E39 M5 parked in front of a house! So... of course, we need to ask...

Whose is that? Are you on the board?? Which model year is it, and how long have you had it?

Glenn

·
Registered
121 Posts
I just got out oh NE Ohio. Cleveland for school and North Olmsted work/living.
In my 2 years there I saw 2 E39 M5's. A whole slew of E39 540i's with M-technic bumper covers. More-so, I saw many soul-less bastardized M5's (E60's) in the nicer neighborhoods.
But If you Ever have any time on Fridays, and would like to see what an S62B50 looks like out of the car (as well as the S85B50) I can call my old instructors to see when their next Friday tour is scheduled for.
The school is Ohio Technical College Cleveland Technical College | Automotive Training | Technical schools in Ohio | OTC
The auto/heavy truck curriculum (my base program) is not all that good, seeing as I learned more in my high school vocational program, but I can vouch for the Electrical Power Generation, the BMW Fast Track program, and most all of my instructors as being top notch.
send me a pm and I'll give them a call
-Pat

1 - 2 of 2 Posts