BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put some aftermarket oz rally forged wheels on my 2000 bmw m5 and i am getting crazy vibrations at around 50-60 mph and sometimes higher. I notice then the wheel has to much play so i was wondering if you guys know were i can buy some hub rings that will fit our cars. Its like 74. somthing inner. i checked on ebay and there all 72 inner and i have no clue were to look now.

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Youll have to measure the diameter of the new wheels hub, then call tire rack and see if they have anything. I had to make my own, i only needed 0.5mm though.

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
I put some aftermarket oz rally forged wheels on my 2000 bmw m5 and i am getting crazy vibrations at around 50-60 mph and sometimes higher. I notice then the wheel has to much play so i was wondering if you guys know were i can buy some hub rings that will fit our cars. Its like 74. somthing inner. i checked on ebay and there all 72 inner and i have no clue were to look now.
Your wheel has to be BIGGER than the 74.1mm inside bore, since it is loose.

If the seller can tell you what car it is designed for, you should be able to determine the inside diameter and then you can get a spacer/adapter made up. If it is small, centering rings should work Try board sponsor Turner Motorsports as a first stop. Or try H&R. Or any good machine shop.
Regards,
Jerry

·
Registered
47 Posts
i think i have the same issue. Had a machine shop bore the hub for me because they fit a smaller BMW bore. I think they went to big though. The wheel doesn't mount snug to the hub.

·
Registered
899 Posts
^ ^ ^
I'd start back at that same machine shop and see if they'll correct the issue by making you some rings.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Hub Centric rings

somehow I am under the impression that the e39's have the 74mm hubs and the e34's have the 72.5mm hubs. Call me crazy but that's the hub centric ring I use to put e39 wheels on the e34 car. My stock e34 wheel, (Style 21), do not fit the M5 or my ex '99 e39. This is what I use to make the e39 wheel fit the e34 hub and it somehow seems to work. (BTW, I do not work for the company, I found them on ebay and a set costs $7.00 including shipping.). Please look them up online or on ebay. Hope something as inexpensive as this fixes your dilemma:

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
7 Participants
Jrgymie
BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums
M5Board is the best forum community for information on the BMW M5 E60 (V-10), E39 (V-8), E34 (straight 6), E28, F90 and F10. Discuss performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing