BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i saw an E39 today here in belgium, completely burned,but engine block and transmission are ok, the insurance expert is coming to see the car this week and after that it will be for sale .all the electronics are gone, even the plastic above the 8 intakes is burned, but it's the perfect spare engine, and it will be cheap to !! the 4 wheels look good, but have touched fire to . car has been in a homejacking, there are even bulletholes in it !! (4 or 5 )
i can assure you, if you stand next to such a car destroyed, well, you feel the same as on the funural of your best mate !!
(if anyone is interested, i can arrange phonenumbers with a bit of luck . )

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Need pics.

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
i saw an E39 today here in belgium, completely burned,but engine block and transmission are ok, the insurance expert is coming to see the car this week and after that it will be for sale .all the electronics are gone, even the plastic above the 8 intakes is burned, but it's the perfect spare engine, and it will be cheap to !! the 4 wheels look good, but have touched fire to . car has been in a homejacking, there are even bulletholes in it !! (4 or 5 )
i can assure you, if you stand next to such a car destroyed, well, you feel the same as on the funural of your best mate !!
(if anyone is interested, i can arrange phonenumbers with a bit of luck . )
There's no such thing as a completely burned car with a good engine and tranny. Neither system can withstand that amount of heat. The engine has plastic parts inside that melt. Use caution buying this car for part based upon outward appearance.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Plastic parts?!

OK, I'll bite......

what are the plastic parts inside the engine block?

ssomed

1 - 7 of 7 Posts