BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I'm new to M5Board, and recently purchased a 2001 M5. I plan on putting a lot of money into this car to make it truly the ultimate driving machine. I plan on taking it to track days, and have already ran some 1/4 mile drags, so I want it to be faster than stock, but still street legal. I already installed after market suspension, and have an aFe CAI which I'll be installing this weekend, but I'm also looking into putting headers and exhaust on to make it sound more like the beast it is. Eventually I would like to supercharge it and tune it as well. Does anyone have any suggestions about what system or parts to go with as far as sound/quality of the parts/value? If you have video that would be awesome too! Any help would be appreciated!

I'm looking forward to getting involved here on M5Board and keeping y'all updated with the progress of my car! Thanks in advance for your help!:cheers:

·
Registered
3,337 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,847 Posts
Welcome to the board. If drag strip is your thing, you may want to surf posts by member Clemster. Also worth perusing the Special Project stories in the sticky FAQ.

·
Registered
2,395 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
3,337 Posts
This sounds awesome! I've seen your M5 before, I used to live in Gold River. Did you get all the work done in sacramento, or did you do it yourself or what?
Thanks, some of the work was done at Foreign Autohaüs in EDH, some at Performance Technics in Pleasanton and some DIY.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
A lot of people tend to straight pipe their M5's. I'd personally go with Dinan, if your down to drop 2 grand of course..

·
Registered
323 Posts
Hi ,

Definetely headers is the way to go and I suggest Van Maanen as the headers of choice. Mine are mated to the Van Maanen cats and an x pipe, but Ive kept the standard back boxes as I use mine every day .

Give Phil/Johannes a call at Cpc performance engineering 01494 766661.

CPC Performance Engineering Ltd - Contact Us.

You wont be dissapointed.

Regards

Nat.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi ,

Definetely headers is the way to go and I suggest Van Maanen as the headers of choice. Mine are mated to the Van Maanen cats and an x pipe, but Ive kept the standard back boxes as I use mine every day .

Give Phil/Johannes a call at Cpc performance engineering 01494 766661.

CPC Performance Engineering Ltd - Contact Us.

You wont be dissapointed.

Regards

Nat.

Sounds great. do you have any videos?

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
The forum spends half it's time discussing the things you've mentioned ;) It's all on here. Check the FAQ for search tips.

All the best with your new beast and looking forward to reading about the tuning progress! :)

·
Registered
394 Posts
Hi ,

I have been wondering how the M5 sounds with headers,X-pipe and standard back boxes,do you have any videos?

·
Registered
6,940 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts