BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I just bought a 2003 M5 last week, and it came with this super low and loud cat-back exhaust.
I've probably set off about 12 car alarms so far.
I'm looking to change it out to a less... attention grabbing exhaust.
One that probably gets noticeably loud at 2500-3000RPM (or maybe even at 4000RPM) and roars at 5500-6000RPM.
I'm not trying to spend a bucket load of money on this unless there's truly a substantial difference for an extra $1000.
I've been looking at Eisenmann and quite like the sound, but it's about $2500.

Any suggestions?

Sincerely,
Richard

·
Registered
156 Posts
My Dinan sounds pretty good, not too obnoxious at low speed unless i have my foot in it. You should also check out the Corsa at UUC. They have a YouTube clip at their website. Sounds awesome. If I didnt already have the Dinan, I'd probably go with that one. Supersprint also sounds nice. You can find all sorts of clips on YouTube.

·
Registered
95 Posts
What cans did you have?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Tubi Rumores

Thanks for the replies guys.
The dinan exhaust does sound nice, but I think I'm looking for a set of Tubi Rumore cans now. I love the exotic sound it gives the car.
Hey, those sound nice, too! Have you thought about a muffler delete with Timmay tips? That seems to be a great set up as well. Car is quiet enough at idle after startup.

·
Banned
1,095 Posts
I'am running stock now cats-backward (for regulatory reasons), however I got RD headers modified to 3" collector, and 3"-thru the metallic Ferrita racecats,

My setup behind cats will be 3" all the way back to Borla's M5 Mufflers (they are rather quiet), I will not use an X-pipe (at least not initially) and no resonance can(s). - well alltogether I hope that setup will be cruel but drivable :) ill post clip here when installed.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I'm going to hijack this old-ish thread because I am in the same situation as the OP.
I just picked up the M5 last night and it has a B&B Triflow. It sounds awesome at speed but I don't like the 'low and loud' the rest of the time so the sound I'm looking for is more 'high and tight'.
I think the Tubi has that sound but any others? Remus? searching til my eyes hurt it seems Remus doesn't get much love here.
As others have mentioned, sound clips are somewhat worthless and there are probably only a handful of M5s in the entire state so any help/advice is appreciated.
TIA

·
Registered
462 Posts
You may also want to check out Eisenmann, Supersprint (Magnum and Race), and Fluid Motor Union. As well as Dinan. It's a bit hard to say what will fit your needs, so you will just have to read a lot of reviews and videos to make your final decision.

Lastly, you can always do a muffler delete and use Timmay's tips. This would probably be the cheapest as it does give a higher tone.

·
Registered
424 Posts
FMU!

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/NdDEcol0Uks" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Reactions: IppoJ

·
Registered
424 Posts
Philip put up a good video comparing the two as well!

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/belptHJcQXo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'm updating this thread because I just installed Corsa catback exhaust. I really love how it sounds.:) When normal driving, I can't tell if I have an aftermarket exhaust. Absolutely zero drone and nice quiet just hint of low mellow sound. When you step on the gas and after 4k rpm, sound of my m5 transforms to an exotic sports car! It screams like angry animal, haha. It also makes high pitch sound at higher rpm range which I like. In my opinion, this exhaust note is better than my previous C6Z06 with exhaust. Also fit and finish is perfect too. Installation is very easy. I highly recommend this system.:D

1 - 20 of 28 Posts