BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 186 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ESS Background:

ESS (European Supercharging Systems) has been around for over 15 years and has time and time again produced software and supercharger kits that beat the competition in terms of price, performance, and reliability.

E39 M5 ECU Tuning Software:

ESS Normal Aspiration optimized ECU software is a result of 100's of dyno runs and exact calibration of all parameters to allow maximum performance gains with improved driveability/fuel consumption and stock engine longevity. Removed top speed governor is included, and you have the option of stock RPM limit or up to 7400RPM. Power is increased by 10HP when programmed for premium fuel (91US/96Euro).

Custom tuning available on request.

**M5BOARD SPECIAL** ONLY $499.99!!

Please email me at [email protected], or PM me if you have any questions!

Thanks for looking! :)

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
10 HP ? ...what is it getting on 93/98?

...looked at you site - whats the 2008/4 E39 M5 VT550 SC system - a plan for the 4th quarter release of a supercharged S62 with 550 ponies?

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We list the minimal gain you will get with software and no other modifications. However, with intake/exhaust and higher octane fuel, 15-30hp is not unreasonable as a gain.

The VT550 SC system is currently under development, and yes it will sport 550 horses :)

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
We list the minimal gain you will get with software and no other modifications. However, with intake/exhaust and higher octane fuel, 15-30hp is not unreasonable as a gain.

The VT550 SC system is currently under development, and yes it will sport 550 horses :)
thanks for the info - :cheers: - very interested in the details of the VT550 -whatever you are willing to share... concept/price etc..

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Sounds interesting Subscribed....

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
The VT550 system sports a Vortech V2SQ supercharger. It will run at 4.5PSI and will make aproximately 550HP.

It's a very nice setup. It features fully automatic belt tensioning, cast discharge/intake assemblies, etc.

More info and pictures coming in May!
I'm glad to see that you are taking a such a conservative approach with regard to boost in developing your S62 engine project. I'm looking forward to seeing more information as it becomes available.

·
Shill account for CNS Racing
435 Posts
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, March 23, 2008 10:05 AM
Subject: Re: E39 M5 supercharger

Hi,

We are looking at a June/July release of this E39 M5 VT550 kit. The kit is 100% bolt-on and can be installed by any competent auto mechanic.

Price will be in the 10-12K range.
<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="500"> <tbody> <tr> <td style="padding-left: 5px;">

Regards,
Asbjorn Bohn
</td></tr> <tr> <td> <hr color="#d0d0d0" noshade="noshade" size="1"> </td></tr> <tr> <td style="padding: 5px 0px 5px 5px; background: rgb(247, 247, 247) none repeat scroll 0%; -moz-background-clip: -moz-initial; -moz-background-origin: -moz-initial; -moz-background-inline-policy: -moz-initial;">ESS Performance Products AS
US Market Sales & Development
Telephone: +4741558555
Fax: +4769198050

E-mail: [email protected]
Internet: http://www.esstuning.com
</td></tr></tbody></table>

·
Banned
1,449 Posts
Very interesting.I like more cooks in the kitchen.:cheers:

·
Registered
153 Posts
The VT550 system sports a Vortech V2SQ supercharger. It will run at 4.5PSI and will make aproximately 550HP.

It's a very nice setup. It features fully automatic belt tensioning, cast discharge/intake assemblies, etc.

Will you be able to provide customized packages for cars with e.g. full Supersprint exhaust system (headers, cats, ...)?

How much do you think can be gained above the 550hp with the Supersprint setup?

THANKS!
:applause:

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Will you be able to provide customized packages for cars with e.g. full Supersprint exhaust system (headers, cats, ...)?

How much do you think can be gained above the 550hp with the Supersprint setup?

THANKS!
:applause:
We will be able to tune the software according to your modifications.

I would think a gain of 20-30 HP is reasonable with an exhaust setup. Once we're further along in the production process we'll be able to give you much more concrete answers :).

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
So according to your original post you're saying that the software tune will give me better engine performance, better fuel economy, AND longer engine longevity?

·
Registered
2,878 Posts

May still seems like a long way off... how about something to nibble on to get us by....:haha:

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
PMed...

·
Registered
804 Posts
----- Original Message -----

Sent: Sunday, March 23, 2008 10:05 AM

Subject: Re: E39 M5 supercharger

Hi,

We are looking at a June/July release of this E39 M5 VT550 kit. The kit is 100% bolt-on and can be installed by any competent auto mechanic.

Price will be in the 10-12K range.

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=500 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px">

Regards,

Asbjorn Bohn
</TD></TR><TR><TD><HR color=#d0d0d0 noShade SIZE=1></TD></TR><TR><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; BACKGROUND: rgb(247,247,247) 0% 50%; PADDING-BOTTOM: 5px; PADDING-TOP: 5px; -moz-background-clip: -moz-initial; -moz-background-origin: -moz-initial; -moz-background-inline-policy: -moz-initial">ESS Performance Products AS

US Market Sales & Development

Telephone: +4741558555

Fax: +4769198050

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>​
Is that 10-12k Rang in Dollars or Pounds???

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
DO YOU HAVE DYNO SHEETS for the e39 m5 software

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
They will be posted later today.
Mike,

What's the status on ESS? I remember you guys a few years ago and upcoming superchargers for the E36 M3. Never really seemed to get off the ground, no local support, etc. But now I see you are in LA. What support network is there out here on the West Coast?

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Mike,

What's the status on ESS? I remember you guys a few years ago and upcoming superchargers for the E36 M3. Never really seemed to get off the ground, no local support, etc. But now I see you are in LA. What support network is there out here on the West Coast?
Sorry don't have the dyno sheets yet.

Local support on the west coast is Los Angeles, as well as Phoenix Arizona. San Diego as well.

ESS is a global company, which has it's primary focus in countries such as Europe and Asia. We have sold thousands of kits worldwide, the majority of which were not in the US. However, we are quickly moving into US territory with the most cutting edge, reliable, and cost effective products.

1 - 20 of 186 Posts