BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
To clarify, chap, the M5 doesn't have an engine cover, it's the actual intake plenum that sits on top. I guess you could perhaps buy one and hack it around somehow (I seem to remember new ones are mega-expensive) and bolt it on but it's still pretending... Enjoy the 540 for what it is.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
LOL that's what I ment the intake. I don't have a 540i its my friend asking because he's an M5 wannabe lmao.

·
Registered
147 Posts
There is an M5 airbox for sale in ebay for $500ish so that's a good place to start for your friend...

600hp sounds like a lot but then again, no vanos, modified heads and cams + huge increase in rpm.... There was a site back in the day that built some really fast Skylines and the name of the site was "ExViTermini" - I dont know latin but it was supposedly "with power comes limits" and that is what really makes all the difference between a race engine built for a 300mile rebuild interval and a street engine which should put on 100k miles. Some of you might remember Mario and his insane projects, he really did find a whole lot of limits and solutions :7:. I think Evolve and some others are doing an excellent job of managing close to 500 on these engines with normal usability.. that is a harder feat imo.

·
Registered
4,896 Posts

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
Honestly, EVERYONE, please don't be an enabler for such a person whom insists on being one of those ridiculous posers.

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
how would retrofitting M5 throttles be a poser? i reckon there's most likely some benefit to be found there, if they were adept enough to work out the issues.

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
I think he meant the part about modifying an M5 Plenum cover to "fit" onto a 540.

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
how would retrofitting M5 throttles be a poser? i reckon there's most likely some benefit to be found there, if they were adept enough to work out the issues.
From what I gather, they aren't talking about thyrottles but the plenum. He even said his friend is a wannabe. Is he really trying to increase his engine performance for trying to make his M62 look like an S62? He is a poser.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Interesting idea, but why do it? Personally,I really don't open up the hood very often to show the motor or plem cover to anyone. You show them on the road when you open the M up. It really sounds like a waste of time and money but to each his own. :dunno: As for a poser...possibly. You can't really see anything to show unless the hood is opened....psudo poser! :1:

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
LOL that's what I ment the intake. I don't have a 540i its my friend asking because he's an M5 wannabe lmao.
He is a poser.

·
Registered
7,933 Posts
Have him tell people its actually an 5.0 but he converted the intake to single TB out of economy reasons. And fitted an auto box. And got rid of the bumpers and big rims so it won't be so hot for thieves.

And his Ferrari is in the shop today. But it will be ready next week when he's off to the Ring to show Michael Schumacher in an FXX the way around. Please wait for his wife to come home, she's a supermodel.

Reactions: sor118
1 - 17 of 17 Posts