BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone give me some kind of comparison between the Corsa and the Dinan?
I have B&B on the car right now but it is too loud for me, I'm old.

I've listened to probably every vid/sound clip online and that has not been helpful at all.

TIA!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Well a strict head to head is difficult for me but I can at least give my thoughts on the full corsa cat-back I installed two weeks ago. I was looking at all the YouTube vids and wanted something that was low a throaty that didn't drone on the freeway. The Dinan, fulfilled that but was 25% more than the corsa and it only had the axle back cans. So I went with the Corsa and i think it was a good choice. The cold-start is a little loud (but I'm coming from stock). The exhaust I'd say it is maybe 20-30% louder than stock under normal driving. But on WOT the pitch goes way up, and starts to rasp a little.

Put it this way, I'm a father of three little ones and didn't want a boy-racer exhaust that drones all over and gets embarrassing at work. The wife didn't even know I installed an exhaust until I told her. But on my own, with WOT it is money well spent.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Fluid MotorUnion!

I believe there is another board member on here that's of older age that runs the FMU setup. His review is somewhere on here!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Other than not having little kids, I'm like you. I don't want to sound like a kid nor do I want to sound like a Firebird with straight pipes.

What's your opinion on the Corsa's tips? In photos they look a little more finished than Dinan's.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Honestly in pictures I was initially put off my the slanted look. I thought the Dinan exhaust looked closer to stock, just bigger. But after putting the Corsa on, I hate to say it but the slanted should have been stock on the M5. It follows the angle of the rear diffuser well and blends in nicely. They are dual walled, polished and have the Corsa logo etched into the side. It looks good. It isn't an in your face exhaust, but then again the M5 isn't that type of car either so it works.

The biggest reason to go Corsa (and you can't argue this point) is the mid-pipe. For 1500 1600 with other exhaust your just getting the cans. But for 300 less you can get the cat-back with x-pipe and loose additional weight. I installed my own exhaust and pulled off my stock cat-back and damn that thing was heavy. Welds were okay and the fit didn't take any additional time.

If you go Corsa, buy the cheapest you can find. They are all made to order at the factory in Ohio and they shipped direct from Corsa, not the vendor.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts