BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

As the post states, I need a little mechanical help and an extra set of hands to tackle some minor inconvenience projects. The driver's side seat motors for seat-back recline and seat-bottom tilt are wonky -- need help pulling the seat and adjusting the wire cords that fit into the motors. I've done it once before on the passenger side with a friend back in southern VA, but neither of us live there anymore, and I'm somewhat new to the DMV scene and need to make new car friends.

Also need some help removing/replacing the sunroof glass to re-glue the alcantara to the sunroof cassette, as the foam/glue has dry-rotted from the sun and the material is starting to come undone at the leading edge of the cassette.

I am willing to provide some cash/venmo, beers, and conversation as means of reimbursement. I am also a fairly seasoned photographer and can potentially throw in a shoot as well, if anyone is game for that (links below).

I live in Dupont circle, DC and don't have access to a garage or have any tools, so im kinda SOL in that regard, but was hoping the loving M5Board community could help a guy out. Thanks for taking the time to read my post, and hopefully someone can lend me a helping hand!

Pic of my car for attention:

links to my photo work
https://www.flickr.com/photos/ravigill/albums
https://www.instagram.com/ravi_gill_photos/

Thanks again!

·
Registered
430 Posts
bump. anyone up to lend a hand?

Sounds doable but i also have no garage although I’m negotiating a rental garage .
Pm me and we can exchange info as i do all my work in my yard or old school #onTheCurb
Tbh the seat once it’s out i used the trunk and floor mats on the ground as my work area. Gotta improvise

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sounds doable but i also have no garage although I’m negotiating a rental garage .
Pm me and we can exchange info as i do all my work in my yard or old school #onTheCurb
Tbh the seat once it’s out i used the trunk and floor mats on the ground as my work area. Gotta improvise

gotta boost my post count before i can PM, but i appreciate the outreach! hopefully, if you can initiate the PM, i should be able to reply back. thanks again!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hi Ravi,

I live around the Ashburn area and have a garage/tools available for you to use. I'm more then happy to lend a hand and meet up with you sometime soon. I don't have enough post to PM but I can DM you on instagram for a start.

Hope to hear from you soon.

- Allen

Here's a picture of my 2000 M5.

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Ravi,

I live around the Ashburn area and have a garage/tools available for you to use. I'm more then happy to lend a hand and meet up with you sometime soon. I don't have enough post to PM but I can DM you on instagram for a start.

Hope to hear from you soon.

- Allen

Here's a picture of my 2000 M5.
Thanks Allen! saw you on my IG the other day. I sent TurboHugh an email earlier today, but if for some reason we can't get together, I'll definitely give you a shout as well. Appreciate the help, so thank you once again.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Sounds good!

·
Registered
101 Posts
I live in arlington south (near crystal city)and I have a small garage full of tools let me know if you interested
I’m not a expert at mechanic but I’ve been doing all my maintenance/upgrade and most of my work

Benjamin
[email protected]

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I live in arlington south (near crystal city)and I have a small garage full of tools let me know if you interested
I’m not a expert at mechanic but I’ve been doing all my maintenance/upgrade and most of my work

Benjamin
[email protected]

bout to be heading out to a grad/birthday party in Mclean, but will def shoot you an email soon!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Welcome to the area. I live in Southern Maryland and could lend a hand. I have a garage and tools that should work. I dont need any money but, I would definitely want to pick your brain about photography. I am aspiring to get in the car photography scene and about to purchase my first set up. If you have any tips please let me know. You can email me if you cant p.m [email protected]

Pic of my car and garage, kind of

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
430 Posts
Not sure how u missed your email , but I’ve done the seat twist. Cut the cable sheath method worked for me.
I’m needing to do my brakes and replace a lower pork chop this weekend . Pm me if you need help with the car .
Easy does it .

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
5 Participants
TurboHugh
BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums
M5Board is the best forum community for information on the BMW M5 E60 (V-10), E39 (V-8), E34 (straight 6), E28, F90 and F10. Discuss performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing