[imghttp://www.bmwclub.org.hk/gallery/weirdbmws/m5coupe.jpg[/img]

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
911 Posts
Is this for real? It just doesn't seem right with out all four doors....

ALX

·
Registered
136 Posts
IMHO: it's a fake!
I've took a long time to examine this pic and i found some strange things:

1. the highest circle: the Line from the window is not straight.

2. next circle: there is a break in this line

3. lowast circle: the shadow on the ground is not correct.

but it's cool picture.
The guy who made it put in many time, because he made the reflections in body very well.

------------------
Dany

'01 M5 - lemans blue (in november i hope!)
'97 M3 - cosmos black

·
Registered
189 Posts
All of you have been wondering whether this pic is real or not. Well, I can tell you first hand it's fake. I can honestly say this because I made it. You can see the rest of the fake M5 pics on http://come.to/bmwalpina under the specials & prototypes section. There are also some fake pics of an E39 M5 Touring. I was pretty new at Photoshop when I made those pics but I can post some more pics, if anyone is interested. My page is a bit outdated but don't hold it against me. I'm glad you liked the pic.

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
If that's a fake its the best fake I've ever seen. Where would they get the pic of the rear window etc.

------------------
Jim
07/00 M5 Titanium over Red

·
Registered
13,638 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
WOW, im in complete shock. That picture is done so well. At first sight i thought it was a 3 body but the rear lights chased that idea away. The rear window is very tricky. There are so many possible explanations for this. Maybe it IS a prototype, maybe someone had alot of money and they paid to have this done to the car...who knows. Usually when u look at a fake pic u can spot the blury spots where 2 pics were put together, but this is immaculate. I personally am having a hard time deciphering the reflections and the shading on the ground. Being a comp science major, i along with many of u should be able to pinpoint the fakeness of this pic. Its done up real good. My jaw dropped when i saw it and its still in the down position!!

////\/\3 2001....Rob

1 - 10 of 10 Posts