BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in a desperate need of complete line up of wiring diagrams for my 2003 m5. Please help me out if someone has them uploaded. I search the site and only came up with e34 diagrams. I particularly interested in a complete pdc wiring with front, rear and main harness layouts.

Please advize

Mike

·
Registered
297 Posts
wiring diagrams

Are you trying to install the PDC system in a non pdc vehicle? if so you can go to www.bimmerdiy.com and they have complete instructions with pics on how to do it yourself.

Good luck.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Hey, I'd be interested in some diagrams as well if someones got them. Can't navigate that BMW wiring diagram DVD

·
Registered
6,958 Posts
Ditto. Is there a complete wiring diagram resource available?

Dave

·
Registered
181 Posts
I made pdf's for mike from the WDS DVD, if you tell me what you're interested in I can make pdf's of the related sides.
I have not seen any "complete diagrams" anywhere, there is just this diagram by function kind of diagram. that I know of....

/Thomas

·
Registered
6,958 Posts
Tozzy said:
I made pdf's for mike from the WDS DVD, if you tell me what you're interested in I can make pdf's of the related sides.
I have not seen any "complete diagrams" anywhere, there is just this diagram by function kind of diagram. that I know of....

/Thomas
I'm interested in the secondary air injection system and its monitoring circuitry, which would include the DME, pre/post-cat O2 sensors, temp sensors, secondary air pump, shut-off valve, associated relays etc.

Dave

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the diagram you provided me with was extremely helpful, thank you once again, is there away i can get a copy of that dvd with all diagrams?

Mike

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
Could anyone comment whether the WDS DVD has unique wiring info specific to the exact car model M5 vs 540i?? Is this BMW-sourced literature and for what models and years?

I wonder if they're same as what's in the Bentley E39 manuals? They are more like block diagram schematics with little or no interconnect wiring detail between modules and various electrical hardware.

·
Registered
181 Posts
The WDS is BMW software and it is categorized by the E-Model code and year. My DVD covers E38, E39, E46, E87, E90, E60, E63, E65, E83 E53, E85 and E52. For the E39 series the model is split before 09/98 and after, and specific differences on changes by date are shown for example: PDC before and after my2001 (2000-09 -> build).
There doesn't seem to be any M5 specific information, I searched on S62 and got no hits, there should be quite a lot of M5 specifics on the S62 engine electrics I believe..
The WDS also has Block diagrams, I have not seen Bentley's version but all connections are linked like a webpage so you can follow the wiring by clicking the links.

Wilsodh: I will have a go at searching for your systems, I'm sorry I don't have the time right now to do so, we're going away for the weekend now, but I will check it out when I get home again on Monday.

Oh, and if there are any model specific differences which mostly are described with engine type, country, LHD or RHD or build date they are clearly separated into different threads.

·
13,589 Posts
Tozzy said:

/Thomas
Id like one of the M-Audio sound system and one of the non M-audio sound system, if you could.

·
Registered
6,958 Posts
Tozzy said:
Wilsodh: I will have a go at searching for your systems, I'm sorry I don't have the time right now to do so, we're going away for the weekend now, but I will check it out when I get home again on Monday.
Much appreciated!! :thumbsup:

Dave

·
Registered
6,958 Posts
Tozzy said:
Dave & E55AMG2: you've got a PM :typing:
Thanks again! :thumbsup:

Dave

·
Registered
1 Posts

/Thomas
What is the WDS DVD?

I'm attempting to get a PDF copy of the full E39 M5 wiring diagram.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts