BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After 3 years of ownership I am selling my 2000 M5. The car has just had an 8 hour detail and the paint looks like it just rolled off the showroom. The car looks amazing. People are shocked its a 2000. The black interior with charcoal trim (not available in US) is also in excellent condition. I have added pictures with close ups of the paint under flourescent light so you can see just now good it is. No swirl marks whatsoever.

Car is located in Downtown Los Angeles in a covered garage. I hardly drive the car anymore and figure that it needs to go to a new home.

This car has the extended leather package, alcantara headliner and I have the charcoal interior trim from Europe. This car has been meticulously maintained and I get compliments on how it looks and sounds almost every time I drive it. With the muffler delete you will be driving with all 4 windows down at all times to hear the excaust note. I was contemplating supercharging the car but have decided to buy an E63 M6 instead.

The rims currently on the car are the E92 Competition replica wheels.

Car has 154k miles and has never left me stranded. Oil changed every 3-5k miles with Lubro Molly 10w-60 and big list of maintenance items below.

Mods:
Genuine HELLA Euro Spec headlights (over $1,000 each)
Genuine HELLA Euro Spec retro fit tailights (over $1,000 each)
Powerchip ECU with Alpha N (currently running MAFs)
Updated 16:9 Navigation Monitor with E92 knobs
MkIII Gps navigation drive with navtech map cd
M Audio 10" subs
E46 M3 3 spoke steering wheel
Slimmbones Alcantara shift and E-brake boot
ZHP weighted shift knob
E60 545i SSK
BC racing coilovers 5k front 6k rear
H&R 20mm and 12mm spacers with black extended lug bolts
Slimmbones Vorsteiner rep carbon fiber front splitters
Gradus Futura rear carbon fiber diffuser (over $3,000)
Genuine Timmay77 muffler delete tips

Maintenance:
OEM BMW Battery Replaced @ 120k miles
Front Rotors and Pads replaced @ 130k miles
MAFs replaced @ 125k miles
Fuel filter replaced @ 120k miles
Fuel pump replaced @ 140k miles
Charcoal filter replaced @ 130k miles
Oil temp sensor replaced @ 150k miles
Tie rods replaced @ 130k miles
Oil just changed last week

I know there is a ton more maintenance I've done and I will dig up more of my receipts.

Issures:
- The spring in the trunk lock has failed which means it doesn't lock. If you want to replace the spring it is like $5 or the whole lock actuator is $200
- The car has some dead pixels as all e39's do
- Needs alignment which I will get done if I have time

Car was just registered and I will obviously smog for the new owner. This car has been garaged its whole life and it is currently sitting in a garage in downtown LA. I do not drive it anymore as I bought a lexus for commuting to throw miles on it. Happy to show the car and answer any questions. The board has been a huge resource for me and would love another enthusiast to pick up this car. Not in a rush to sell as I have ample covered parking where I live.

Serious buyers please text / call at 4one5.425.1468 . Price is $15,500

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Still got it - have some people coming this week let me know if you have any questions.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Two questions, Im sure youre not thinking of this at the moment but, Ive been looking to find this diffuser and have had no luck in case youre willing to part it (I have a carbon black OEM diffuser I can send you plus cash for it) ..also do you still have the AC wheels?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Two questions, Im sure youre not thinking of this at the moment but, Ive been looking to find this diffuser and have had no luck in case youre willing to part it (I have a carbon black OEM diffuser I can send you plus cash for it) ..also do you still have the AC wheels?
Thanks but I could never part with that diffuser :). And I had an issue with the ACS wheels cracking so those are gone unfortunately. Car is pending sale and should be picked up in a few hours.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Car has been sold

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Worth a shot lol.. Any idea on where one could buy one of those?
Pretty sure he stopped making them. I believe some forum members had some issues with him in terms of the product not arriving but I cant be sure. Best would be to keep checking the forums but I have never seen another M5 with the same diffuser. Have you looked at the Slimmbones CF diffuser? That's what I would buy if my car didn't have the Gradus

·
Registered
45 Posts
MAn thats upsetting, I hate seeing someone actually have the ability to produce a great product and let it go to waste.. Im currently running slimms diffuser but loved how aggressive that other one looked! Oh well.. Good luck to whomever picked up the beast! Drive safe and in good health!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts