BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am after some advice please I am about to fit a BBK on the front of my e39 m5 ,the kit doe's away with the brake sensor what is the best thing to do so I do not get the warning light up on the dash

·
Registered
544 Posts
I would leave the sensor connected and just zip tie it up and out of the way. As long as the sensor cant be worn away, which it wouldnt unless it was connected and the brake pads were low, it will never throw a dash light.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would leave the sensor connected and just zip tie it up and out of the way. As long as the sensor cant be worn away, which it wouldnt unless it was connected and the brake pads were low, it will never throw a dash light.
Many thanks for the reply's ,so once unplugged it will be fine to do the above and not cause any other warnings

·
Registered
6,918 Posts
I think you need to keep it plugged in, but wrap up the end and tie it up by the strut.

Reactions: E55AMG2

·
Registered
544 Posts
I think you need to keep it plugged in, but wrap up the end and tie it up by the strut.
Correct.

What bimmerule stated...keep the connector part of the sensor...the one that twists into the other circular 1/2, connected.

The other end of that will be the little sensor that use to attach to the oem brake calipers. Just take that end and zip tie up by the strut out of the way.

And you should be good to go. No codes. :thumbsup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts