BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day to you all. I've searched through the forums but haven't found a definite answer
Can someone tell me the measurements when fitting the 'M5' badge to the boot/trunk?
I've found the standard measurements of the '520-540' badges but nothing for the 'M5'?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi there,
When I got a new badge for my car last year it came with
a template that lined up the badges on the bootlid.
Maybe someone near you has an M5 that you could get a template off.
regards
Calmac

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your response. Is there anyone who has these measurements?

·
Registered
318 Posts
Does this help?

All in mm; the car wasn't level so the vertical tape isn't a true vertical - the bottom corner of the M is almost exactly over the edge of the number plate well (that might make sense when you look at your car.)

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you very very much Cumbrian your a star.

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
If you still need more pictures, let me know as I took pics of mine with a small ruler from many spots. I then had the car painted and I put the new emblems on without issue. Looks like you have everything you need though...

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you still need more pictures, let me know as I took pics of mine with a small ruler from many spots. I then had the car painted and I put the new emblems on without issue. Looks like you have everything you need though...

Hi Technician
I you wouldn't mind could you post your pictures also
I would've measured mine before removing but I suspect that the previous owner has had some work done and fitted them in the wrong place

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Hi there,
When I got a new badge for my car last year it came with a template that lined up the badges on the bootlid. Maybe someone near you has an M5 that you could get a template off.
regards
Calmac
Where did you buy your emblem from and do you have the part number? I was never aware of a template being provided. I've changed my trunk emblem twice now, each time taking literally 2hrs of measuring and still not statisfying my eye. I will be changing the emblem for a third time now and this template might be the solution. Please let me know.

Thanks!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts