BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, looking for some guidance:

I bought a 2001 M5 about 3 years ago, and we have enjoyed it immensely. Part of the negotiation with the dealership was for them to perform Inspection II as it had not been done yet and the car had 63,000 miles on it. We've just rounded the 90,000 mile mark. Since then, I have changed the oil at the appropriate intervals. I put some new shoes on it, and replaced the battery, but thats about it. Could you guys point me in the right direction with the 90,000 mile service? I'd like to knock it out sometime in the next several weeks.

What is recommended by BMW?

Additional recommendations?

Do any of the online retailers offer kits that include all parts/fluids required? If not, is there a list provided in a previous thread?

Thanks in advance for your help!

·
Registered
304 Posts
Change all the tranny fluids.
Underdrive belt
brakefluid
X5 thrust arm bushes
fuel filter
Plugs
breather hoses
clean mafs.......
tighten handbrake

Thats a good start.

·
Registered
205 Posts
New MAFs if they are original or even just old. Also, be sure to include diff with the trans fluid change if it has not been done recently. Done coolant lately? If not, do it with BMW coolant. O2 sensors would be nice, too, at least pre-cat.

·
Registered
765 Posts
+ If your power steering hoses aren't weeping yet, they will soon. I'll also bet the fluid is brown. Camshaft sensors start killing over about now as well.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Change all the tranny fluids.
Underdrive belt
brakefluid
X5 thrust arm bushes
fuel filter
Plugs
breather hoses
clean mafs.......
tighten handbrake

Thats a good start.
Can you please explain the service reccomodations in bold text ? (Norwegian newbie)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts