·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Florida Car

100% Original

Mint Condition

Full Service Records!

No hurry to sell just sits in my garage until I find the right buyer.

100K miles

Manufacture's Date 01/03

Title in hand.

ORIGINAL condition, full service history.

I am technically the 3rd owner. (I only drove it 2,000 miles.)

I purchased it on 01/2018

This is my 4th E39 M5. So I am very particular and understand the cars well.

I was not even thinking about buying another one but I saw an opportunity surfing the web that I could not pass up due to the condition it was in.

I admit this was an impulse buy. When you find a mint 2003 you tend to want to buy it after you see how much these cars are starting to rise in value.

Reason for sale, realistically I have a total of 3 cars and a boat on the back yard lift. I have zero time for this car. I travel an incredible amount for work. So as you may assume, when the weekend comes, I only have so much time to myself. Driving this car is unfortunately last on my list. So it just sits in my 3 car garage on a battery tender.

I thought to myself, Do I either keep this car as an investment and occasionally run out to Home Depot for a paint brush every 3 months on a Sunday morning or do I sell it?

Open wallet mind set to keep this car original and perfect. So I went a little overboard due to having previous knowledge on them.
  • Replaced the ENTIRE suspension everything. Including the front centerlink. Anything that had a rubber joint replaced!
  • BMW Original Shocks no aftermarket 3rd party branded shocks.
  • Replaced Lower Control Arm and Bushings with Turner Motor Sports Mono Ball kit. Huge difference in steering precision.
  • Rear Diff Seal Replaced
  • Fuel Filter Replaced
  • Fuel Pump Replaced
  • Power Steering Fluid Hoses Replaced
  • New Power Steering Fluid
  • BMW Original Clutch, Main Seal & Fly Wheel Replaced
  • New Seat Motor Kits. NO TWIST!!
  • New Brakes
  • Replace both engine oil separators because one gasket started to leak a little.
  • Replaced the Thermostat (NO LEAKS)
  • New Spark Plugs
  • New Battery - AutoCraft Gold Battery, Group Size 95R, 950 CCA
  • New Motor Oil & Filter Change - Castrol Edge Supercar 10W-60
  • New Cabin Air Filter
  • New Engine Filters
  • New Differential Fluid - 2 quarts of Royal Purple 75w 140
  • New Transmission Fluid - 2 quarts of Royal Purple Synchromax
  • Drain & Fill Washers supplied for Differentials and Fuel Filter
  • New Windshield Wipers
  • New Coolant
  • New Brake Fluid
  • New Driver Side Rubber door Seal. It started to crack so I got a new one.
  • Recent Wheel Alignment and Tire Balance
  • Royal Purple Fuel Cleaner
  • Ceramic Tint
  • New Clutch Electronic Starter Lock Switch. They apparently burn out after 100k miles.
  • New Chrome Kidney Grills, they started to get a little loose.
  • Only Mod is the Muffler Delete and added 3 inch stainless steel tips.
  • Original Mufflers and All Suspension Components I kept because
    • The suspension parts are in a large rubbermaid storage tub.
  • I also have purchased the front and rear windshield rubber trim pieces and the driver side window rubber trim seal. You know the felt interior luxury piece.
    • Not installed because not need to yet, but I was worried it would be impossible to get these pieces in the future so might as buy them now. Cost me about $350.​
    • Completely Clayed, Polished, & Waxed
No Dents or Scratches

All 4 bottom door sills that read M5 are NOT scratched.

No rust under the gas cap door.

No rust or corrosion anywhere.

Only issue that I have not fixed is that the Driver Side Auto Mirror clicks sometimes but still works.

Paint 9.5 out of 10 due to some small rock chips that have been color matched.

No under body scrapes!

Leather is a 10!

AC ICE COLD!

2 Driver Keys a spare valet key.

Mark IV DVD Navigation with the latest software update.

No Accidents

Never Raced or Abused

Always Garaged

Full Leather Package

Carbon Schwarz with Black Full Leather Package

Dark Wood Trim

Every Option for this manufacture year accept for PDK and Sub Woofers in the Trunk Upper Deck

No Dead Pixels on Instrument Panel Display

This car is up with maintenance for another 20,000 - 30,000 miles.

Literately Drives and Looks Like new!

I would appreciate a serious and easy to work with buyer.

This Vehicle is Located near Tampa, FL in Apollo Beach.

Robert

Best to PM or Text 813 322 2283

FIRM ON PRICE

$36,500

I spent more on making this car as close to MINT as I could see it to be.

I am not making money on this opportunity.

If I were to know that I would sell in two years of it sitting in the garage, I probably would not have gone so crazy replacing the entire suspension.

There was nothing wrong with it before - but I got a little carried away. I am sure we all have been there with our own hobbies or vices.

Thank you for your interest. Drive Safe!

Reactions: Ohstalum

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Going into the shop to get new suspension, muffler delete and misc.

With 3 inch Tips

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will need to take some interior shots . . . stay tuned for those!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you ClubRacer6. Here are a few more exterior photos prior to taking some interior shots.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Zero Blemishes on the Steering Wheel

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No tears or scratches on the leather. It is as if not one sat in the passenger or back seats.

Just a fine example of the E39 M5.

Yes, the original flash light is in the glove box . . . . LOL

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Due to me case of OCD let me mention this one more time. With the complete installation of all new movable suspension components and in addition to along with a new Fly Wheel and Clutch this car drives handles like new. Technically better than stock because of the new MonoBall control arm bushings I upgraded to but you get my point.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Kept every piece of the suspension that was replaced. I also have the working original fuel pump and some other odds and ends in this tub. I just thought of something. Maybe I could part out these pieces and hustle them on ebay and probably make $3k. Hmmmmm Or wait 10 years and make $10k. LOL

·
Registered
61 Posts
Wow, Orlando neighbor here and that car is beautiful. I'd keep her!! GLWS man.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Beautiful car, and a fair price, which you should have no problem getting. After all of your repairs/refreshing, however, you may want to ask yourself if you have another car that is more fun to drive than this M5.......

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Interesting worth mentioning. The M5 Community has been very supportive. I have received multiple texts from different members suggesting I keep the car and enjoy it. Starting to lean to this side of the discussion. Your right. Where am I going to get this much enjoyment for this price later on. Manual transmission that I know works. You can not even buy a fully loaded Camry now for $36k I do not think.

Strange how some cars appreciate . . . curious to know what this specific car would be worth in 10 years with only 5k miles added. Maybe smart to keep it regardless if I do not drive it much accept for that occasional paint brush at Home Depot.

·
Registered
8 Posts
It's hard to place the value on that 3rd pedal, especially as you have replaced the clutch. To me, manual = real driving/fun. I had my 1998 E36 M3 5-speed sedan for 20 years, until I decided I wanted a newer car that was at least as much fun. You are right - I was just looking at a Subaru Outback LTD XT for my wife and its like $41K. And not even 1/3 as much fun to drive as you 2003 M5. I ended up getting a 2010 E63 M6 6-speed coupe from an ad on Roundel - I'm only the 2nd owner, and the original owner had BMW put in anew engine and transmission (and he paid for a new clutch) at 58K miles - I bought it at 64K miles for $42K, and and am still in love with it. Sold the Technoviolet M3, as I lack garage space, and like you drive not that often, as when I was commuting to the office and hospital(pre-Covid) I was almost always riding my MC (a 2001 Yamaha V-Star 1100), which is as much fun as the M6. but when I drive, I like to drive a car, not a computer, so while I like the blue tooth and back-up camera in the M6, I mostly love the handling, comfort and the V10 that produces 507bhp .

Unless you have something even close to s much fun to drive as your 39 M5 manual, I suspect that you will have lots of regrets if you sell it. Especially if you have somewhere to store it and keep the battery tended. If I had the space, I SO would have kept my originally owned M3, as my biggest regret was in 1984 when I sold my 1971 2002.....

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Zero Rust or Corrosion on the under body.

Cut the exhaust way back to ensure resonators were intact to prevent any cabin drone.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts