BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased my car back in Dec of last year, when I got it I noticed it had aftermarket mufflers but didn't think much of it at first, I was just happy I scored an e39 M5 for a great price. I decided that I wanted to remove the resonator to make the car a little louder, not that it doesn't sound great but I wanted it a little louder. After checking everything out I found the resonator was already gone and the Hamann tips were actually the full stainless axle back kit. I'm thinking about doing the muffler delete, selling the Hamann kit and putting that towards a coil over kit. Any idea on what these would sell for? the mufflers and tips are in perfect condition, I've climbed under, cleaned them up and inspected for any flaws and found they looked great. I don't have any pics of the actual mufflers but here's a pic of the exact ones I have.

Attachments

·
Registered
632 Posts
I purchased my car back in Dec of last year, when I got it I noticed it had aftermarket mufflers but didn't think much of it at first, I was just happy I scored an e39 M5 for a great price. I decided that I wanted to remove the resonator to make the car a little louder, not that it doesn't sound great but I wanted it a little louder. After checking everything out I found the resonator was already gone and the Hamann tips were actually the full stainless axle back kit. I'm thinking about doing the muffler delete, selling the Hamann kit and putting that towards a coil over kit. Any idea on what these would sell for? the mufflers and tips are in perfect condition, I've climbed under, cleaned them up and inspected for any flaws and found they looked great. I don't have any pics of the actual mufflers but here's a pic of the exact ones I have.
Just a suggestion: Jack up your car and take a picture of the actual mufflers installed on your vehicle and then repost with the new picture. The actual always produces better results for what you are looking for.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just a suggestion: Jack up your car and take a picture of the actual mufflers installed on your vehicle and then repost with the new picture. The actual always produces better results for what you are looking for.
Yeah, I'll have to bring my floor jack home and do that. I'll also make a couple videos of how they sound. I like the way it sounds now, I just want it louder and lower.

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
I've never heard these mufflers. I'm curious as to what they sound like.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Reactions: SidekickChuck

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
After hearing the youtube clip, they sound rather stock like with a little rasp. Seems decent if one is looking for a slight eargasm without being overly loud.

·
Registered
12,922 Posts
After hearing the youtube clip, they sound rather stock like with a little rasp. Seems decent if one is looking for a slight eargasm without being overly loud.
Pretty accurate. I have that set with DTM tips. Adding headers was nice, a little more bass, but not much more noise below about 3500 rpm. It is There is no drone. Stock cats, stock h pipe.

Not sure about value as these were on the car when I acquired it.

Regards,
Jerry

·
Registered
632 Posts
Although mine have different tips, this video is as close to the same sound as my car that I could find. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jT2pnaY3LX4
Well after listening to the clip, I would say it sounds like the supersprint magnum mufflers and then looking at the muffler can make up I wouldn't be surprised if these are SS magnums. The Remus exhausts typically have a deeper sound to them then whats exhibited on the video.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
They are definitely louder and more aggressive than stock although having the resonator removed helps with the sound too. I'll research it a bit more and see what I can find out about them. They do have the tips that curve up at the end, they say Hamann on the tip and they weren't just tips welded to a muffler. If nothing else I can just replace them and throw them on eBay to see where they go.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts