1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks,
When your speedo isn't working, because your dash is lit up like this:

I offer the following solution!!

(but I am not liable if you get caught speeding due to a different gearbox or diff!)

And I was most surprised to discover that the cruise control still works even when the speedo doesn't!

Attachments

·
Registered
176 Posts
don't know exactly for that low cluster but most OBD clusters will display vehicle speed w/ test #7. it'll be in KM's but it'll be right.

also I've seen this done before but with little labels taped around the tach - usually 50-60-70-80 taped on where they should be in the highest gear. ghetto as you say but pretty manageable workaround while you're waiting to get the cluster fixed.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
don't know exactly for that low cluster but most OBD clusters will display vehicle speed w/ test #7.
Yep, the speed is shown for the low OBC too. Not sure if it works when the speedo is out, though. And I think the rpm method is a bit more failsafe, in case the OBC resets after a certain time or something.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It also would save having to reach down for the DSC button every time I start the car :hihihi:

(but I think the authorities would give me a hard time if I had a crash and the non-functional ABS was discovered... so I did buy a new ABS module as soon as I could)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts