BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a new belly pan for sale. Fits prefect. I ordered one for myself and there was an order error so I ended up with 2.

I would like to sell it locally (20878), but willing to ship if the buyer pays shipping.

At the moment I cant pm so if you pm me please provide another way for me to respond. Thanks!

$50 picked up

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is brand new OEM for an E39 M5? If the part number is 51712498988 I will take it. Paypal ready I will pay for shipping to 49083

Can't PM yet but my email is [email protected]

Thanks, -Nate
sorry, not oem, it is aftermarket

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The OEM part now costs $500!!! WTF :eek:
I didn't wanna buy it when it was $193 a few months ago, but I don't know why the hell it costs this much now grrrrrr

Here's the part OP is selling, great deal for his.
New Engine Splash Shield Front Center Under Cover 5 Series BM1228107 51712498988 | eBay
Thats the one, thanks for posting for me been busy at work!

Regarding questions on fitment its spot on. Iv only had it on a few days now and its a little flimsy but Im going to add some structure to the inside for personal preference and piece of mind

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Bloody hell! where was this two months ago? Oh, wait where was this three weeks ago?

The OEM part now costs $500!!! WTF :eek:
I didn't wanna buy it when it was $193 a few months ago, but I don't know why the hell it costs this much now grrrrrr

Here's the part OP is selling, great deal for his.
New Engine Splash Shield Front Center Under Cover 5 Series BM1228107 51712498988 | eBay
Tell me about it I'm putting in the second new one, this summer, presently. Even at $200 that's a hard pill, at the new price eff-me!

·
Registered
226 Posts
Are there any alternative sources for this part? I ordered it from RockAuto (for $30, no kidding), and it looks identical to the eBay listing. Fitment is ****. The gaps and flex have made it impossible to secure with all mount points so I'm at the frayed ends of sanity over here.

I'm double-checking to make sure all of the mount points are correct and undamaged on the undercarriage. The main problem for me has been that the flex allows the front part that fits inside the front bumper is loose enough to pop out with enough vibration -- highway speeds (70+mph) with stiff PSS suspension.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
nothing else that im aware of...either find a used one or spend 400 on oem...Im considering making one out of aluminum this summer

1 - 14 of 14 Posts