BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not an m5 owner or anyway related to this vendor, but I thought you guys who may be hurting at tax time might wanna check this out.
Seems like an awesome 'bang for your buck' mod, as our beasts are a bit on the heavy side...

Eurodyne now offers the Carbon8 CF e39 hood for $799+ shipping in this group buy... Here's the link for pictures and other information.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=274923

·
Registered
3,566 Posts
Finally! Someone is making an E39 hood that looks completely stock! This is what I've been looking for for my M5. Now for questions:
1) Why so cheap compared to Vorsteiner? What's the catch?

2) Overall the fitment looks good, although in one pic it appears that the curvature doesn't match the fender. Could be a trick of the light, dunno.

3) I've seen the good and the bad of Vorsteiner's CF E39 hoods. The newest one fits the fender lines very well, but doesn't remotely fit the grills. What guarantees do you make about fitment?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am not in anyway related to the seller so I could not answer any questions, I'm just simply passing along the news. Sorry!

·
Registered
162 Posts
looks sick i want one.

·
Registered
3,566 Posts

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
"Why so cheap compared to Vorsteiner? What's the catch?"

"it appears that the curvature doesn't match the fender."

I reckon you've answered your own question there... No chance I'd consider something that didn't match the lines like that.

But I guess if you're not fussed about that, then that's not expensive.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts