BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

41 - 60 of 211 Posts

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #42 (Edited)
Not wanting to thread jack, but it is my thread and somewhat related.

I was thinking that though, I am currently happy with my audio setup, I really would like the added features that come with the Intravee II. As I don't really need audio output, or at least, at this time. Can I add the Intrevee somewhere else on the i-bus? I was thinking of in place of the PDC as my car is without that option, or wired in like the valentine radar detector?

I have the Valentine installation instructions but, they are on my notebook at home so, I will attach it this evening.

Any ideas or input will be appreciated.

edit - I was wrong the instructions are for the 'Stealth One' not the Valentine.

View attachment E39_StealthOne_Installation_Guide.pdf

·
13,589 Posts

I was thinking that though, I am currently happy with my audio setup, I really would like the added features that come with the Intravee II. As I don't really need audio output, or at least, at this time. Can I add the Intrevee somewhere else on the i-bus? I was thinking of in place of the PDC as my car is without that option, or wired in like the valentine radar detector?

I have the Valentine installation instructions but, they are on my notebook at home so, I will attach it this evening.

The PDC is on the Kbus, so I think that's out. Stealth one taps into the ibus and sends level 1 messages (ie to supercede the clock/DTE/etc) to the IKE or nav. Intravee mimics the CDC...maybe if you could figure out how to patch another item onto the bus between the sirius and cdc...maybe you could use the intravee, cdc, or sirius through the same menu. Im not sure that will work, but it might be worth a try. I sold my intravee/kca420i eons ago, or I'd try myself.

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #44 (Edited)
The PDC is on the Kbus, so I think that's out. Stealth one taps into the ibus and sends level 1 messages (ie to supercede the clock/DTE/etc) to the IKE or nav. Intravee mimics the CDC...maybe if you could figure out how to patch another item onto the bus between the sirius and cdc...maybe you could use the intravee, cdc, or sirius through the same menu. Im not sure that will work, but it might be worth a try. I sold my intravee/kca420i eons ago, or I'd try myself.
That is of what I was affraid.
However, do you, or anyone else, know if the Intravee translates the I-bus hex code (IIRC) to some other format, or is it straight through? If it is straight through, then couldn't a cable to go from the Intravee to the CDC instead of the Alpine KCA420i?

·
Registered
765 Posts
Might want to locate RichardP (maybe PM). He is the intravee guru and will answer any intravee question you have..

·
Registered
59 Posts
just a couple more Qs

Trying to decide whether to do the rest of this or Bluetooth next but, a couple questions regarding the Sirius upgrade:

- is 84110141975 just the bracket?

- will any Fakra connector work? The reason I ask is it seems that I have read BMW refer to different colored connectors, e.g. curry.

Thank you
John

·
13,589 Posts

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Trying to decide whether to do the rest of this or Bluetooth next but, a couple questions regarding the Sirius upgrade:

- is 84110141975 just the bracket?

- will any Fakra connector work? The reason I ask is it seems that I have read BMW refer to different colored connectors, e.g. curry.

Thank you
John
84110141975 is the bracket, bolts and zip-ties.

The Fakra is code "K". No other coded Fakra connector (other than "Z" which is neutral) will fit without modification. The Fakra on my antenna is "H" and required some re-engineering.

View attachment FAKRACatalog.pdf

·
Registered
59 Posts
Continuing on with the install…

Should I assume that the Motorola telematics box 84110025708 is either no longer needed or can no longer be installed? It seems the Sirius tuner occupies the space where that box was.

Tia,
John

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Should I assume that the Motorola telematics box 84110025708 is either no longer needed or can no longer be installed? It seems the Sirius tuner occupies the space where that box was.

Tia,
John
Correct. The telematics box will not be required with the ULF (BMW Bluetooth) module.

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #53

·
Registered
59 Posts
Done and working! Sirius that is. I need to get my intermittent fault fixed and then I'll install BT.

For the antenna I used the Nissan glass mount antenna. Looks OE and so far works great.

I did not get a one year free subscription though, just the three month trial. Sirius said the one year WS only for new cars. :/

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Did you buy the new oe Sirius tuner or the oe reman. tuner?

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
That sux. Talk to you bmw parts people about the 1 year subscription and if it is still part of the purchase price. Perhaps the person at Sirius was also mis-informed. Many US cars only come with a three month subscription, perhaps they were confused. Call Sirius and talk to someone else. Please let us know as to what is the out come.

·
Registered
309 Posts

edit - I was wrong the instructions are for the 'Stealth One' not the Valentine.

View attachment 229249
I am confused... Why can't you put the Intravee after sirus? I have bm53 > sirus > intravee > alpine iPod thingy > ipod

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
I am confused... Why can't you put the Intravee after sirus? I have bm53 > sirus > intravee > alpine iPod thingy > ipod

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2
I can add the Intravee after the Sirius, but then I loose the CDC (I actually use it still).

·
Registered
59 Posts
Thought I would post an update.
After a long and arduous argument with Sirius I got them to instate the full one year plan.
The dealer just replaced the BM53 to fix my intermittent 'no radio' issue; now Sirius is not working. Sigh.
I'll ts it this weekend.

41 - 60 of 211 Posts