BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

201 - 211 of 211 Posts

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #201
Great, thank you I will check tonight. If I can't figure this out I guess it will be back to the C43 and Pandora for the trip to Timmayfest :grrrr:
Bring it with you and I'll try to take a look at it at TimmayFest.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Bring it with you and I'll try to take a look at it at TimmayFest.
That would be great, thank you! I checked the connections in the harness last night and one came immediately off so I re-soldered it, but still nothing...

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #203
I would just go ahead and resolder all of them. I had to.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Sorry if this has been asked already, but I have a 2003 (Jan build) with MK IV display. Will I have the BM53 radio already?

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
Sorry if this has been asked already, but I have a 2003 (Jan build) with MK IV display. Will I have the BM53 radio already?
Doubtful if it's the original radio. Mine is of the same vintage, and I had to replace the radio to get Sirius. You'll have to search explicit part numbers of the radio, maybe within this thread, but if not def in another post-- maybe one Gustav started, and compare to your p/n.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Guys, new to the forum and trying to understand how to add Sirius. This is a great thread, but I had one question I couldn't find.

I have a BM53 radio - p/n - 65126922512. According to e39source.com, it has Aux input, no Sirius, no MP3. Does this mean I need to upgrade the radio to 65126988275 in order to install the Sirius unit? Thanks.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I assume you will need the newer BM53 to run Sirius. I made sure I got the newest model that included Sirius. Then you will need a Sirius module cables and antenna. I got super lucky and my Sirius module has been working over a year without me adding a subscription. Hoping it was one with a lifetime subscription.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
36 Posts
I assume you will need the newer BM53 to run Sirius. I made sure I got the newest model that included Sirius. Then you will need a Sirius module cables and antenna. I got super lucky and my Sirius module has been working over a year without me adding a subscription. Hoping it was one with a lifetime subscription.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks. That's what I thought. Trying to decide to go this route to keep the stock unit or replace the whole thing with an Alpine ILX unit setup. Buying another BM53 unit adds a lot of money to the parts list and still wouldn't include BT.

·
Registered
368 Posts
I did this to my X5 (same audio set up as M5.) Luckily the X5 is an '04 so it had the correct BM53. I also upgraded the BM53 unit I had in the M5, but I haven't put a sirius module in it yet. Just sucks that you can't have 1 subscription power multiple units. It gets $$$ if you have multiple cars.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Did Anyone figure how to get a BM53 working in 00 M5 with DSP. I have radio but no audio on my CD/Intravee ?

201 - 211 of 211 Posts