BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:M5eyes: Although the e39 M5 is beautiful, I want it to have more of a wider body and aggressive attitude. I want it's presence to stand out in the crowd of cars without people having to look at the badge of the car to know what it is. I want people to see it from the rear view mirror and move out of the way. Unless people know that the car is an M5 (which you really can't tell unless your an enthusiast), the M5, cosmetically alone, is not as successful as the M3 in giving off that intimidating/sporty image. That is why I am looking into different body kits but the ones that I have seen don't do much for me. In fact, a lot of them seem too tacky.

So if any one can post some pictures, provide links, or give some ideas on how to add more "weight" on the beast, it would be really helpful in helping me find what I want.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
213 Posts
Petey Pop said:
:M5eyes: Although the e39 M5 is beautiful, I want it to have more of a wider body and aggressive attitude. I want it's presence to stand out in the crowd of cars without people having to look at the badge of the car to know what it is. I want people to see it from the rear view mirror and move out of the way. Unless people know that the car is an M5 (which you really can't tell unless your an enthusiast), the M5, cosmetically alone, is not as successful as the M3 in giving off that intimidating/sporty image. That is why I am looking into different body kits but the ones that I have seen don't do much for me. In fact, a lot of them seem too tacky.

So if any one can post some pictures, provide links, or give some ideas on how to add more "weight" on the beast, it would be really helpful in helping me find what I want.
Hamann has a widebody kit. Not for the faint of heart...

Personally, I like most of it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,461 Posts
Take a look at Beastpower's Silver M5 or past member Fred Courtot (do a search for his photos).. those are some aggressive-looking cars, especially for silver. I always thought that the beast looks more aggressive in the darker colors, but you can see the curves better in the lighter colors.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,316 Posts
Wheels will change the look some...

Side "gills" or "grills" will change a bit.

Lowering and wider/offset rims will adjust the stance to make it look "meaner"

Widebody kits are $$$, and some tend to begin to look ricey.

Good Luck, Petey

:cheers:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
250 Posts
Here is G-Power's wide body E39. It would be even better if you made them to look like its part of the body instead sticking it on the body. They are plastic.
 

Attachments

B

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
artur323 said:
Here is G-Power's wide body E39. It would be even better if you made them to look like its part of the body instead sticking it on the body. They are plastic.
This is a very good option, and will cost only a couple of grand. The Hamann kit is around $15K.

How about adding the ACS front splitters, AA front grille, ACS rear diffuser, Autotecknic black-out grilles, Autotecknic CF mirrors (coming soon), Autotecknic CF rear roof spoiler (coming soon), KW coilovers, 19" wheels. Your car will look very different with these items installed. Browse around www.beastpower.com for some good examples of what can be done.

Cheers, Daniel.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
71 Posts
The primary key to a more aggressive look is getting the car lowered. I have Dinan stage III suspension, 19" wheels, Hamann sideskirts, home depot sink drains and a blacked out grill. Not all that many cosmetic mods, but next to a stock M5, she looks quite a bit more aggressive and gets more stares than I care to count on the highway :biggrin: .

Here is what my beast looks like:

Blk/Blk 2000 M5 (unbadged Dinan, well enough points for one :hihi: )
Specs and a link to photos:

http://www.rcctech.net/pics/caesar/

Dinan stage III Suspension
Dinan front and rear strut bar
Dinan Cold air intakes
Dinan computer software
Euro angel Eye headlights w/6000K bulbs
HID foglights w/6000K bulbs
AP Racing 6-piston big brake kit w/14" rotors
19" TSW Kyalami wheels
275-30-19 Goodyear F1 GS-D3 tires
Tubi exhaust
V1 hardwired with stealth display
K-40 laser diffuser hardwired with hidden display
Hamman sideskirts
Blacked out grill and body mouldings
UUC Evo 3 short shift kit
A/D/S component speakers front and rear
PPI Art series A600 amp
Lumar tinted windows
Home Depot sink drains for brake cooling
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
71 Posts
By the way, check the wheel/tire size (same on all four corners). Even with the Dinan III suspension and fat wheels and two passengers, she never rubs at all. (Believe me I tried it in an empty parking lot one day :hihi: ). Off subject, I was reading another thread about wheel size associated with AP racing brake setups, and my car's previous owner seemed to think that the AP 6-piston setup I have would not work with a smaller (OEM) wheel size, but their website (I think) stated that they DO in fact fit. I would bet that they do fit just fine, but I have not checked for myself as I don't have an OEM set lying around. Just something else to think about.

Jutty :byee55amg :M5launch:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,151 Posts
I actually think the later model E39 M5s in near stock trim and tasteful mods. have more presence than the M3. To me the M3 is very common but nice. However, I find a near stock M5 that is lowered evenly without any body rake, looks really good. I have seen some M5s from the back and side on the highway and they look more intimidating and impressive than the M3 in my opinion. The M3 just doesn't get me going and looks quite plain.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Dropping the car looks like a must in my book. Does any one know how many inches I should drop it? Also, will lowering the car in any way effect performance?

Furthermore, is there is a link for G-power products?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
BeastPower said:
This is a very good option, and will cost only a couple of grand. The Hamann kit is around $15K.

How about adding the ACS front splitters, AA front grille, ACS rear diffuser, Autotecknic black-out grilles, Autotecknic CF mirrors (coming soon), Autotecknic CF rear roof spoiler (coming soon), KW coilovers, 19" wheels. Your car will look very different with these items installed. Browse around www.beastpower.com for some good examples of what can be done.

Cheers, Daniel.
Daniel, I've noticed a lot of CF alternatives for the near future. Are you also selling CF hoods to compliment the other co-parts. If not, can you recommend me someone/website that specializes in that field?
 
B

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Petey Pop said:
Daniel, I've noticed a lot of CF alternatives for the near future. Are you also selling CF hoods to compliment the other co-parts. If not, can you recommend me someone/website that specializes in that field?
The new CF M5 Mirrors are going to be available in approximatly 2 weeks. The CF Rear Roof Spoiler is going to be available in approximately 3 weeks. You can check www.beastpower.com for information and photos once they are available.

We will also be carrying both a CF front hood and a CF rear trunk for the e39. Hopefully a true GTR version will be available in a few months too.

Cheers, Daniel.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Re: GTR... GTR..... GTR...... is GTR gonna be in da BP house?

FAST 5 said:
Hi Daniel,
Would you please expand on your word of "GTR hood" for the e39 M5 please? Can you decribe in detail its appearance or features?
Thanks Daniel. ;)
Yeah same here. If it's anything like the M3 GTR, then I am really anxious for this MOD.
 
B

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Re: GTR... GTR..... GTR...... is GTR gonna be in da BP house?

FAST 5 said:
Hi Daniel,
Would you please expand on your word of "GTR hood" for the e39 M5 please? Can you decribe in detail its appearance or features?
Thanks Daniel. ;)
You guys are funny. The term "GTR" has become an inside joke here on the forum. We have a supplier that is currently working on both the stock hood and stock trunk in CF. The GTR hood will be next. We are working with a major CF vendor so quality will be great. We hope that this will be the real deal, with CF slats, and all the correct bits.

For now, those of you who like CF, will be able to get CF mirror enclosures and a CF roof spoiler. Both are very nice items.

Cheers, Daniel.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,289 Posts
Hmm...CF mirror housings sound interesting...especially painted half OEM color and the other half left CF to mimic the new E60 mirrors.

Then there is the CF other bits........maybe one day things will finally be "GTR'able"
 
1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Top