BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
love the car but its WAY to quiet !! not sure waht needs to happen here but definitley some change needs to happen ....... LOL

any words of wisdom ??

experiences with mufflers or cat back sytems that are loud enough but wont ruin the civivility of the car completely

thanks

·
Registered
187 Posts
two options:

on the cheap- ditch the rear muffler and run a straight pipe from the resonator back.

if you've got cash burning a hole in your pocket- replace resonator with a straight through muffler and put your choice of supersprint/dinan/eisenmann after it.

Replacing just the rear muffler won't do much. I've been through several iterations and I currently have the magnaflow/eisenmann setup.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks keep them comming

I dont mind spending a few bux ... are the magnaflow and eisenmann setup one and the same ??

is it loud enough you can hear the v8 note as you stand on it ?? (from inside the car )???

thanks

·
Registered
187 Posts
sorry, should have expanded on that. I have a magnaflow straight-through replacing the resonator and then an eisenmann race at the rear. you can hear a sound clip at the link here. that isn't my car but I have the exact same set up. you can definitely hear it inside the car.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts