BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

81 - 100 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
6,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
I will play with the MK IV myself,gentlemen.

No progress last week,too busy with other stuff and piston rings did not arrive,yet...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi there,registered here only after finding this thred in google saerch funny but i have exact same project at the moment :)) e39 2003 touring,topasblau 520 and its m-sport! Bought car as it is now,straight after flood,good thing is that sank in fresh water so just need a good dry! did exact same job just after drying my beige carpet when saw your pictures took it out again and fitt black carpet...looks realy nice!:) just my car had bussines radio only so gonna try fit tv/sat/nav,have all wiring just all bits is from saloon so dont know how will do gps antenna and the rest... but all bout this i think i compose my own thred some day...Read all your thred and find all same problems in my car,door acctuators,throttle,engine full of water etc... but i did changed everything and start car and che did it after haft turn no problems,all alectrics were fine! but unfortunetly there was two more problems after i did test drive that what you shoud do before drive it because as i understand you didnt checked yet! GEARBOX and DIFF FULL OF WATER!!!!! yes some water get here through breathers which has both ontop,and after i tryed to drive all water mixed with oil and when i checked it was cream allready!!! not much problems to clean diff but auto gearbox pain in a... Have to take oil rad all piping and stripp gearbox cause after changing three times oil in box still bit of cream dirt in oil!!! and also after some drive there was comming gearbox light on and computer said that foult in gearbox swich after i change it it was resolved!!!!:)) Good job man,all best in this project!!!

·
Registered
6,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #87 (Edited)
Hi mate,

thanks for the kind words!
I am really looking forward to see the thread about your flooded car!

Would you buy a flooded one again and go through the hassle?:)

I did flush diff and automatic tranny a few times right after I bought it,mine had no water in either of them.

Did you disassemble the engine?

Cheers,

Raikku

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Raikku, what made you go for the normal 530i and not the Alpina 3.3 engine? Wouldn't that be better for more power?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi mate,

thanks for the kind words!
I am really looking forward to see the thread about your flooded car!

Would you buy a flooded one again and go through the hassle?:)

I did flush diff and automatic tranny a few times right after I bought it,mine had no water in either of them.

Did you disassemble the engine?

Cheers,

Raikku
No didnt disassembled engine,there was bout 7l water in it so crank wasn't in water,just drained everything filled up engine with 15l of diesel,leftfor a week then drained again filled oil and sterted!! see there was no water in air manifold and all head just in piping till throttle body which was stucked after!!! Good that i got mine very cheap and got donor car with it so wasnt so bad,all parts came of donor but dont think that would go again for flooded yoke:)))) unless its a touring! :))))

·
Registered
6,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
Having a donor car is cheating;)

Tiago,it cost about he same to boost the M54 as doing a 3.3 conversion.

As much as I love building custom engines,the 3.3 would not even come close to 400whp the turbo setup offers...

This is also why I did not slap in an S62,as the turbo M54 will spank a stock S62

·
Registered
6,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #96
Passed emissions and inspection last Friday.

Had issues with the compressor of the air suspension on the rear axle.
Disassembled it,turned out to be a stuck bearing in the rod for the compressor(ROD BEARING FAILURE,LOL)

Was an easy fix.

Dynavin works fine.

Only thing missing is finishing the front seats(has at the moment M5 front seats).

Will post pics once seats are done.

Seems like I can get the s/c kit road legal over here,so this will be one of the next things(and a nice set of wheels,either 19" Alpinas or 18" style 42s).

A very dear friend of mine(who has my engine in his M5) was so impressed by the touring that we went to buy a 2003 530d M-sport Individual touring for his wife.
Is a new project for me,as the car is a theft recovery and quite alot(bumper,headlights,maf,instrument cluster,ECU,gearbox control unit,...) is missing and it was a bit vandalized as well..

New thread about this project follows soon..

These cars are really nice as family cars.
Have to admit that I enjoy driving it very much(and so does the wife)!

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Nice work, Raikku. Can't wait for the pics of the finished product. You still have the beater Merc?

·
Registered
6,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #99
You still have the beater Merc?

Of course,my friend.

Welded everything a few weeks ago on it and converted it to a facelift model.
Looks pretty decent nowadays.

Unfortunately missed a deal on an E39 540i winter beater for me last weekend.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Nice to hear your wife is getting her car!

And it looked really clean when I saw it in your garage a few weeks ago! :D

Couldn't believe it was the same car as in the pics in the beginning of this thread. Great work buddy!

81 - 100 of 116 Posts
About this Discussion
115 Replies
30 Participants
JamesAlex
BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums
M5Board is the best forum community for information on the BMW M5 E60 (V-10), E39 (V-8), E34 (straight 6), E28, F90 and F10. Discuss performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing