BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Banned
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, Some of you might recognise my car, its a modified 1995 BMW E36 M3 GT. It had a fully built engine, twin turbo setup, suspention work, and Ceramic brakes to name a fiew.

ANYWAY...
About 3 months ago I compleated the headgasket change, and following that I drove the car to a friend in the UK to have it tuned. I was supposed to pick it up again on March 4th but just before that I got the bad news... the engine was dead...

Today we do not know what happined or to what extent the damage is, but at least the very nice CP forged pistons are gone, and probably the cylinder head. Im hoping that the block is ok, but it will most likely need new main and con-rod bearings.

Here is a picture of one of the plugs (cylinder 4).

and here is a picture from inside the combustion chamber...

The situation is that I believe that this was the tuners fault, but as always when it comes to money and friends, things start to become difficould. He is also finising his masters degree and therefore does not have the funds to cover this.

I started to think what I could do to make all of this work out for both of us, and the only logical solution would be to try to get sponsors.

This is why I have set up a Facebook page, where I will document the process and also potential sponsors. I am hoping that the BWM community will give me some support and add "likes" to the site, and maybe comment.

This has been a partial success. VEMS (www.vems.hu) has donated a standalone ecu for the project and JAWS MOTORSPORT (http://www.jawsmotorsport.se/) has decided to give away a new set of their custom forged connecting rods if needed.

Anyway, I am aware that this is not a conventional way of building and modifying but.. Im trying to make the best out of a loose-loose situation for me and my friend.

here is the link, hope you like

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/BMW-E36-M3-GT-Twin-Turbo-aka-HULK/120153618061202

All help appreciated, sponsorhip especially :D

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.