BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Throughout my extensive research i've noticed two B3 3.2 convertible for sale, both located on autotrader.co.uk

the 1st which i have seen is a very nice light green colour, believed to be the only colour of that type in England, r-reg 98, 69k miles with the hard-top at £17k

the 2nd version is a nice blue t-reg, 48k miles at hilmoren in leicester, at £15,995.

these both look like very nice cars although it is a E46 B3s conv that i'm after

·
Registered
146 Posts
The green one is actually a M-reg, the blue one at Hillmoren is awesum indiviudal spec. There is another T-reg on trader near Leeds in Silver with bright red leather, looks a bit OTT but that has ultra low miles and is up for 21K

I prefer E36 to E46 alpina, the later ones look a bit soft in the styling department

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes i forgot to mention the silver one, i have seen it on the autotrader website although, it only comes available when you actually type in, alpina, in the sub sections. But still the blue E36 conv is an usual, rare colour, which in my view is very nice.

the reason why i don't like the E36 was only to do with the dashboard, they all seen very dull, in which they are all black in colour.

There are some E46 B3 3.3 and B3s that are also very boring when it comes to the dashboard. the best ones i've seen are when they have, TV/SAT Nav installed and also have the martle wood trim effect, in which most do have.

but as i mentioned earlier you could pay top-dollar for these cars, but the more you pay the bigger the depreciation, so i might as well go for a good spec 01/02 year B3 3.3 for around the £23 - £28k mark.

the best one being the aplina blue, 02 plate B3 3.3 advertised on autotrader for £27,995 in notts with AM Cars. Very nice car but the only problem being the mileage at 47k miles. as i said earlier in my previuos post, i'll just wait, but i can't wait for too long..

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Yes i agree, your definetly in M3 territory, but then again on the whole of the autotrader website there's well over 200+ E36 M3's for sale at unbelievable prices, but yet there are only 3 E36 B3's for sale. E36 M3's 4-5 years ago; these were well sought after cars like the E46 M3's of today. So i can see what's going to happen soon in the next 4 years to come.

I Still believe that although the depreciation on alpina's is a big factor to take into consideration, every alpina is a future classic. for example look on thealpinaregister, thers an E30 C2 2.7 selling for some serious money; whether or not the price is achievable is another question, but as these cars get older they start to hold their value well.

This is probably one of the reasons i'm a bit hesistant to buy this E46 B3 3.3 or B3s i've been looking for, because i now that i may end up holding this car for a long time to come. which goes back to my question that i might as well go for the cheapest option...2001 or 2002 B3 3.3..

·
Registered
146 Posts
yeah i know the C2 owner and it is mint, i have a 2 door C2 and there is plenty of interest in the e30 versions, they are proper sports cars and keep with most modern equvalents. a blue C2 convertible with less miles sold the other day £7.5

the newer cars seem a bit common in comparison, i love mine and only change it for a E36 B3 3.2 coupe :M5thumbs:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
very rear car, you know what you need to do now don't you. get a picture of the car on the site..

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nazor, if you lok on www.635csi.co.uk you'll see a mint 1991 E30 M3 convertible, only 62k miles and going for £8.5k, reckons there's only (1 in 6) clours of that type imported into the country... What do you think about it..

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Very nice car, is the rear spoiler fitted by yourself or the previous owner..
C2 are very rare, even rarer than E30 m3's, my brother in law has an E30 325i motorsport convertible; now don't get this confused with a normal E30 325i convertible, the logbook specifically has motorsport convertible. they only imported 50 to this country...

·
Registered
146 Posts
yes mate the spolier was on it when i bought it.

as for motorsports, these were final e30 run offs to get rid of the shells before the e36, all the toys ltd edition. there were 200 or so made macua blue, sebring grey, marituis blue and calpyso red up to j-reg, m-tec bodykit, 15inch nagro silver x spokes and bubble leather :rolleyes:

These cars are exactly the same as a normal 325i in terms of engine etc but just have all the toys and are ltd in numbers, very rare and hold their price well

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Nazor, you know your cars well. as a matter of fact , i can only remember seeeing these cars in these colours only that you mentioned. well the brother in law has one in macau blue with colour coded wheels, bubble leather and full m-tec bodykit. other than that i don't think that there was anything else that was extra in the engine / performance area.

·
Registered
146 Posts
i know quite alot on E30`s partcularly alpina variants and most other E30, i do have a general overview on all things alpina, well i like to think so having been a fan of these cars from my days at University at Nottingham where i first learned/saw an Alpina...the rest is history :blabla:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts