BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
trying to get a quote on a 94 E36 B3 coupe UK RHD and im being quoted stupid money.

anyone on here got the above vehicle? can someone provided insurance details that are competitive?

Regards

Naz :cheers:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
122 Posts
Hi Naz

I've got an E36 B8 Touring German car LHD 1996, £1191 Norwich Union via broker. Age 44, West Sussex Insured and spouse (44) to drive, full ncb.

Hope that helps

Joni P
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Joni have u declared it as an Alpina? reason being when i ve asked NU before they cannot recognise an Alpina?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
122 Posts
Hi Naz

Very interesting, I have an Alpina B12 E38 UK car and the B8, fully declared to NU via my broker. I tried to reduce the cost originally by going to NU Direct ut they did not recognise the cars.

If you want I can put you in touch with my broker, Slade Edwards 01403 250606.

Hope that helps.

Joni P
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheers Joni P i have had a decent quote from Adrian Flux but was surprised by my current insurers who i have had my C2 2.7 insured with 4 YNCB were trying to double my premium!!

i may try your brokers for a quote

Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks neil

anyone now if there are any vanos issues woith 94 model, what to look out for etc??

Regards cherrsagai
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
393 Posts
nazor said:
trying to get a quote on a 94 E36 B3 coupe UK RHD and im being quoted stupid money.

anyone on here got the above vehicle? can someone provided insurance details that are competitive?

Regards

Naz :cheers:
To give you an indication - I pay about £420 a year on my B10 Bi-Turbo, fully comp, max NCB (guaranteed NCB actually), includes trackday cover with no additional excesses, no voluntary excess, Class 1 business use, car on driveway, LHD car (obviously), I'm 42, normal policy not a classic one, insured for self and spouse.

Cheers,

Neil
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
686 Posts
NRL BITURBO said:
To give you an indication - I pay about £420 a year on my B10 Bi-Turbo, fully comp, max NCB (guaranteed NCB actually), includes trackday cover with no additional excesses, no voluntary excess, Class 1 business use, car on driveway, LHD car (obviously), I'm 42, normal policy not a classic one, insured for self and spouse.

Cheers,

Neil
Hello Neil - Err that's not made me happy!! I'm with Flux for my Bi-Turbo, same deal as you Without Trackday cover, £500 voluntary excess, I'm 37 and pay double... Who you with Sir? My renewal is due in January so it might be time to move.

Hope you are well,

Dave.

PS My E30 M3 is with L&V £350 - might try them for the Bi-turbo....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
393 Posts
DaveW said:
Who you with Sir? My renewal is due in January so it might be time to move.

Hope you are well,

Dave.

PS My E30 M3 is with L&V £350 - might try them for the Bi-turbo....
Dave,

I'm fine thanks, hope you are too. I'm with L&V for all my car insurance policies except one (I have one of my Integrales on a Classic Policy through AON with the Lancia Motor Club). All my high performance vehicles are with Frizzell AKA Liverpool and Victoria (and I have had two big non fault with full recovery claims with them in the last few years - so they do pay out too). I am on one of their special occupational schemes (CSMA). If you do make an enquiry, I suggest you don't ask specifically about the trackday cover - it is not something available on most policies they do - except it is available (but they don't shout about it obviously) on their CSMA policies 'de facto'.

Cheers,

Neil
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,638 Posts
You can keep the premiums down if you do the following:

(1) Restrict the policy to two named drivers, not "any named driver"
(2) Park the car in a secure garage at night
(3) Fit a recognised tracking system (e.g. Tracker, Trackstar)

Best of luck.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
393 Posts
Ashok Arora said:
You can keep the premiums down if you do the following:

(1) Restrict the policy to two named drivers, not "any named driver"
(2) Park the car in a secure garage at night
(3) Fit a recognised tracking system (e.g. Tracker, Trackstar)

Best of luck.
Ashok,

See my previous posts and you'll see that I have only one out of 3 of those (2 named drivers). Your points will assist of course. But the bottom line with insurance is putting in a lot of legwork (hours and days if necessary), possibly joining an organsisation/club to make use of any specialist insurance schemes and you'll probably find a decent quote.

Cheers,

Neil
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
122 Posts
Hi don't know if i will be any help but i have just been re insuaring my car and have saved a bundle.

I used a search system through WWW.Moneysupermarket.co.uk and cut my insurance in half. I was paying a thousand a year fully comp and it is now under £500. I have ended up with a policy from Zenith insurance.
Also I have been looking at buying a B11 and the guy who owns it says he is insured through Liverpool Victoria, as someone mentioned earlier, They would not quote me because of my age but he reckons he had a good deal.:M5thumbs:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
456 Posts
Try getting a quote from BMW insurance, they are good, and know what the car is!

I am 30 business use and unlimited mileage and paid 1100 per annum on the B10 V8 and just under 1000 for the B8 (LHD of course)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
686 Posts
NRL BITURBO said:
To give you an indication - I pay about £420 a year on my B10 Bi-Turbo, fully comp, max NCB (guaranteed NCB actually), includes trackday cover with no additional excesses, no voluntary excess, Class 1 business use, car on driveway, LHD car (obviously), I'm 42, normal policy not a classic one, insured for self and spouse.

Cheers,

Neil
Neil,

Followed your advice and managed to get £527 which is a reduction of £400!!

I owe you a beer next time we meet at the Ring... :cheers:

Dave.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,731 Posts
anyone now if there are any vanos issues woith 94 model, what to look out for etc??
The only problems I know of where the vanos causes trouble is on the e36 M3's, the 6 cyl engine used in the Alpina doesn't suffer from these problems in the respect? (Unless someone can show otherwise!)
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top