BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a new E39 M5 (2003) owner looking for some winter tires for the car. Have found a set of E34 M5 OEM wheels with winter tires - does anyone know whether these will or will not fit the E39?

Dan

·
10,458 Posts
not directly, different center bore diameter, e39 is larger than e34.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
E34 Wheels on E39

Thanks for the replies. . . but . . .

If the E39 hub is larger than the E34, won't the hub holes on E34 wheels have to be enlarged to fit on the E39? I don't understand where hub rings will help in the process.

Dan

·
Registered
6,517 Posts
just get some hub rings then it will fit fine. Cost around $15 for all 4 on Ebay or a little more at shops locally and you are good to go !
Sorry - doesn't work that way.

You can buy centering rings to adapt a larger wheel opening to a smaller centering hub on the car, but not the reverse (they'd be over 1.5" thick).

You can use E34 wheels, but you'll need to have them bored out to 74.1mm first.

d-

·
Registered
252 Posts
Sorry - doesn't work that way.

You can buy centering rings to adapt a larger wheel opening to a smaller centering hub on the car, but not the reverse (they'd be over 1.5" thick).

You can use E34 wheels, but you'll need to have them bored out to 74.1mm first.

d-

Douglas is correct, sorry I goofed. Yeah you will need the wheels to be bored out. I just had my wheels done and they charged $125 for all 4, i had tires on my wheels so they had to take it off and put it back on afterward and balance them. If you just bring them wheels only it may just cost $60-$80 for all 4 wheels.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts