BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alpina lists different part numbers for the E34 535 and 540 suspension kits. Makes sense as the V8 would weight slightly more. Is anyone aware if just the springs are different or just the shocks, or are both different?

I notice Bilstein replacement shocks are only available in Sport in one model, which cover the whole E34 range 525-540. Are these going to be close or identical to the Alpinas?

cb

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
Alpina lists different part numbers for the E34 535 and 540 suspension kits. Makes sense as the V8 would weight slightly more. Is anyone aware if just the springs are different or just the shocks, or are both different?

I notice Bilstein replacement shocks are only available in Sport in one model, which cover the whole E34 range 525-540. Are these going to be close or identical to the Alpinas?

cb
Have a look,,,,,

Parts catalogue

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Turner Motorsport | BMW E34 Bilstein Shock Sets

i was just looking at the above from Turner, and they list all together, but they do ask to dust cap size and strut nut size, so maybe there are a few...?

I guess a specific question might be better. I purchased an E34 B10 3.5, and going to swap the engine to an Alpina 4.6 V8, so I am wondering what setup of shocks and springs to go with?

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
e34 m5 coilover kit kwv2

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
Turner Motorsport | BMW*E34*Bilstein Shock Sets

i was just looking at the above from Turner, and they list all together, but they do ask to dust cap size and strut nut size, so maybe there are a few...?

I guess a specific question might be better. I purchased an E34 B10 3.5, and going to swap the engine to an Alpina 4.6 V8, so I am wondering what setup of shocks and springs to go with?
the weight is very similair,, as M60b46 is Aluminium ,, block and head,, but M30B35 is steel + Aluminium head

A little offtopic

the cm3 weight between Al vs Fe is 2.7 vs 7.8.. Thats why the carindustri is so keen to ALUMINIUM.. not as strong but strong enough
many hightech race-engines are made of Alu ,, with steel sleeves ((the best combo IMO))

1 - 5 of 5 Posts