Registered
219 Posts
Style 32 FTW.
Absolutely no need to change them.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
I'm extremely excited to report that after getting INPA software and running some diagnostics we solved the problem! Injector #4 was not working. We disconnected the manifold and sure enough, the injector had become disconnected somehow. Probably during install of the motor. I must have just missed it. The car runs absolutely perfect now! Here is a quick video of what the s62 sounds like without its manifold.
https://youtu.be/KjwwwcMsq3Q

·
Registered
596 Posts
I was referring to my car. But yes I agree. Stock for stock the m60 makes more torque.

I daily my 540i6 and I weekend my built s38.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not the S38 in 3.8 flavour the max torque is the same and they give 90% from 2000rpm aswell

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Great result there !!

S62 engine owner here at 178,000 miles (of which 56,000 miles were supercharged).

Good call on the rod bearings preventative measure and as dirtracer suggested good idea to get the timing chain guides sorted too..apart from those items I believe the S62 is pretty much bullet proof, in terms of catastrophic failure, the rest are minor bits and pieces.

Always loved the E34 M5 so had to pick up one of those too, in 3.8L spec :)

Best of luck!!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
I cannot PM yet, sorry if any of you have tried contacting me and I haven't responded. I got asked about the INPA software I am using for diagnostics and where I got it. I know there are places on the forums where people give sites and instructions on how to find the software and get it running, but I am lazy and had a friend who had a spare Dell computer that was already reformatted and running only INPA. He sold it to me with the diagnostic plug for both OBD2 and OBD1 round connectors for only $40. I am not real techy when it comes to computers. I am sure there must be a way to create a copy of the software but I do not know how exactly.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Here is a picture for kicks and giggles. I have since swapped the expansion tank and moved it to a better location. It kind of bugs me that the intakes aren't at the same angle. But I don't really want to cut the dinan intakes at all.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Installed some Apex PS-7 wheels today. I found them in LA for a pretty decent deal so I bought them to replace my worn out rubber on my style 32s. With spacers I am running ET11 in front and ET21 in rear.

·
Registered
621 Posts
^Meaty! Those are a nice change from the dime-a-dozen ARC-8s. How is she running?

Side note: when considering a swap like this I think that a potential name/designation for it could be "M5 Plus", ala late-Audi C4 S6s that received the V8 before Audi put it in the S8 a year or so later. Just a thought...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
^Meaty! Those are a nice change from the dime-a-dozen ARC-8s. How is she running?

Side note: when considering a swap like this I think that a potential name/designation for it could be "M5 Plus", ala late-Audi C4 S6s that received the V8 before Audi put it in the S8 a year or so later. Just a thought...
Yeah, I am sure someone has used these wheels on an e34 before, but I haven't found any other pictures, so +1 for originality on my part :p She is running very well! I have yet to have any issues. I did the 500 mile oil change needed after replacing rod bearings the other day. I put in Castrol TWS. I'm sure someone will flip a lid that I am not using BMW recommended 5w30.....

·
Registered
274 Posts
Damm that looks soo mean!

Awesome build. Makes me want to swap in a s62 into something in my garage. Not my Euro M5...

·
Registered
510 Posts
.... It kind of bugs me that the intakes aren't at the same angle. But I don't really want to cut the dinan intakes at all.
Yeah, I get queasy if I look at the slight asymmetry more than a second or two. It just makes the whole thing not worth it if you ask me.

You know the disgusting appearance of the intakes will eat at you, slowly but surely, until you are but a shell of a man, unable to sleep, eat, much less drive. You should give the car to me and be done with it.

It probably rubs the underside of the hood anyway.

Disgusting.

41 - 60 of 70 Posts